PDA

View Full Version : GoPro HD camera and water skiing.

FastZR1
05-26-2011, 06:47 AM
On the weekends when I'm not doing yard work, or cleaning cars, or building projects, my family and I are out on the water. Last Sunday was our first time putting the skis and tube in the water for this year. I got a new GoPro HD video camera around Xmas time and have used it on my MTBs and while snow skiing to get some good videos. Now it's time to try it on the water.

I spliced this quick little video together the other night. I'll need to work on the camera angles this weekend when we get back out on the water. Sorry, no crashes but there are bound to be some this weekend when I get the slalom ski going.

Watch in HD.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_7PZvcxgH8]YouTube - ‪First Water Skiing of 2011.‬‏[/video]

dreamps
05-26-2011, 08:36 AM
thats awesome!!!! i wakeboard and can't wait till it gets a little warmer to get out in the water!!!

i dont have audio at work so i have to ask how you mounted the camera in different places!!!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
05-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Very cool.... Looks like a blast!

FastZR1
05-26-2011, 10:31 AM
The GoPro comes with several different mounts. I used one for the ski which has 3M tape and a very strong hold. I also bought a GoPro chest mount which I use for the chest view. It wraps around your shoulders and chest and you mount the camera to that. I even have a suction cup mount that I use on the side of the boat for a different view. The suction cup will hold up to 200 MPH, but I'll never see that in my boat.
I'll get another video going this weekend.

dreamps
05-26-2011, 10:37 AM
awesome! could you post pics of the mounts as well! i would love to see a video w/the suction cup angle! my boat is a stingray and waxed(of course:)) i wonder if the suction cup would stick to it!