PDA

View Full Version : Brand New White Car

Pages : [1] 2

jamison86
01-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey guys! First of all, let me start by saying this forum is ridiculously informative! I had no idea car detailing could be such an involved process.

So, I just got a 2007 Honda Accord coupe in white about a week ago and I really wanna start off protecting it the right way. After perusing the forum, I've decided to get some liquid Souveran and some Klasse AIO to go under it. Does this sound good? Is the AIO necessary for a new car? Let me know!

I'll upload some before pics tomorrow.

Whitethunder46
01-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Sounds like a good starting plan to me. The only thing I suggest is after a good wash of course, is to clay your vehicle. Even thought it's new, there is probably still some inbedded contaminents on your surface. Meguiars or Mother's OTC Clay should do just fine.

TOGWT
01-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Light coloured paint:
Lighter colour paints (i.e. Silver, White, etc (the exception is speed yellow) will never obtain jetting (the so called ‘wet-look’) of black or dark colours as they do not exhibit visible depth, light colours tends to refract (http://en.wikipedia.org/####/Refraction) light instead of reflecting it. You can obtain a good gloss provided the paint is good quality and if it’s prepared and detailed correctly; washed, cleaned (detailer’s clay) polished and a polymer sealant added (Zaino, Klasse AIO and SG, Jeffswerkstatt - Acrylic Jett ) these sealants will provide a flat silvery-white shine, but without ‘depth’. By adding a Carnauba wax as an LSP (Pinnacle Souverän Paste Carnauba or Autoglym Super Resin Polish) the oils that are formulated in the Carnauba waxes provide a reflective gloss, which causes jetting (a ‘wetting’ of the surface)

For optimal results the surface of a light coloured paint to show gloss is very much dependant upon good / excellent paint condition, adequately prepped to remove contaminants and minor imperfections. Detailer’s clay (Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay Bar) and / or Paint cleaner (Zaino PC or Klasse AIO) should be a regular part of the preparation process.

jsfofec
01-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a good starting plan to me. The only thing I suggest is after a good wash of course, is to clay your vehicle. Even thought it's new, there is probably still some inbedded contaminents on your surface. Meguiars or Mother's OTC Clay should do just fine.

I couldn't agree more. I bought an '07 "cool blue metallic" Accord in September. First thing I did was wash, clay, polish and seal. I was amazed how much dirt the clay picked up.

Truls
01-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Wash, clay, polish, is the way to go. even for a new car.

Gary Sword
01-11-2007, 09:24 AM
I think Liquid Souveran does a great job on white. I have used it on both of my white cars under Wolfgang DGPS. I recently got some AIO and I want to try it on my white enclosed car trailer. The forum is a great place to find a lot of detailing info and AG has some great products. New cars do sit around storage lots and dealerships and are usually shipped in an open carrier. They can have a lot of junk on the paint. Clay really does work wonders.

Nica
01-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I totally agree, claying is like sending your car to the spa. Since it's a new car perhaps you could use a less abrasive clay bar, for example the Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay Bar and lots of lube....but don't over do it with the lubrication. You need some lubrication between the car's surface and the clay bar but it doesn’t mean soak the car. The reason I say this is because that is what I did.

Well that is all I can share with you because that is all that I have done my self as for the LIquid Souveran, I bought a bottle of it but have not yet had the opportunity to use it. I have a silver car that I want to use it on. As for the AIO I'm still re-searching it. Let us know how you like the AIO if you decide to use it.

abrcrombe
01-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Welcome and congrats on the car. Can't wait to see the pics.

jamison86
01-11-2007, 10:34 AM
awesome...so,

wash
clay (pinnacle ultra poly clay)
polish (AIO)
wax (liquid souveran)

is it necessary to add a sealant before the wax since both are protectants?

also, just just to clear some things up about frequency...
wash = once a week?
clay = twice a year?
polish and wax = once a month?

Whitethunder46
01-11-2007, 10:43 AM
You can do a sealant before a wax, but you'll need to wait 12-24 hours for the sealant to cure before applying a wax.

Also, as far as washing, you can do it pretty much as needed for the vehicle IMO.

jamison86
01-11-2007, 10:59 AM
here is a pic of my 1 week old baby. try to imagine it lowered, with tinted windows and chrome wheels. =)

jsfofec
01-11-2007, 09:41 PM
here is a pic of my 1 week old baby. try to imagine it lowered, with tinted windows and chrome wheels. =)

Very nice looking car...I see you have the antenna for XM. Are you on a free trial? I have XM in both cars now.

jamison86
01-11-2007, 11:49 PM
yep, it's a 3 month trial. XM is so overwhelming though!

jamison86
01-11-2007, 11:54 PM
so, the liquid souveran and AIO arrived today (AutoGeek is soooooo fast!) and i went out and got Mothers clay bar from Advanced Auto Parts. i'm gonna do the detail tomorrow and post pics when i'm done. i'm so frickin excited!!!

6LS2
01-12-2007, 01:17 AM
What are you using to wash and dry?

6LS2