PDA

View Full Version : 1 coat or 2?

airlaw
05-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi Mike. I'm polishing my 05 SL55. Paint is in great shape. I plan to start with Klasse All In One, followed by a coat of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze and then topped off with a coat or 2 of Pinnacle Souveran paste wax.

Question: Will I get a superior shine and depth if I put on 2 coats of each of the Klasse products?

I'm using PC with a white sponge applicator on the PC. So far the side that I have completed with the Klasse All In Ine looks great.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Kit

Silverstone
05-25-2011, 03:57 PM
One coat of KSG looks good IMO. Two coats looks about the same. But three coats looks incredible. Like a glass coating. And it lasts a long time too. I always either did one coat a day over a three day weekend, or one coat per week. Either way that third coat was always what put it over the top and gave the most gloss. Four is no better than three though.

There's no need to do a second coat of AIO though.

jbgrant
05-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Klasse twins followed by Pinnacle Souveran is a winning combination either way. IMO, you won't be able to see or feel any difference between a single or double top coat of wax. If you haven't used this combination before, you will be very pleased with the outcome. The Klasse HGSG darkens the paint beautifully and the PS leaves everything ultra glossy, smooth, and dramatically improves the beading and sheeting. Add a second coat to half of the car (split L/R) and see if the slickness/beading lasts longer; I would be curious to know.

airlaw
05-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks to you both for the advice.