PDA

View Full Version : oxidized paint and repainting issue

ronki
05-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Hi AG, I have damages on my front and rear bumper and needs repainting, the question is..

I want it to repainted first before detailing everything but, we all know that untreated/detailed paint has a tendency to 'lose' color or make it dull.

The problem is do I ask the painter to paint the bumpers with the same color code as the ORIGINAL/Brand New car? Or do I have to tell him make the paint color like the color in the PRESENT car?

oldmodman
05-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Any decent painter will match the actual color on the car as closely as possible. They may start with the factory paint code but will adjust the formula to match your cars paint. And even then it may be necessary to blend the paint into your existing good paint surrounding the area being repaired. Then clear the entire area so all the clear matches.

ronki
05-25-2011, 06:51 PM
so i have to tell him to formulate the color based on the current condition of the paint?

Phinox
05-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Hi AG, I have damages on my front and rear bumper and needs repainting, the question is..

I want it to repainted first before detailing everything but, we all know that untreated/detailed paint has a tendency to 'lose' color or make it dull.

The problem is do I ask the painter to paint the bumpers with the same color code as the ORIGINAL/Brand New car? Or do I have to tell him make the paint color like the color in the PRESENT car?

Actually a good professional painter can vary their spray technique. Which can lighten or darken the way the paint appears. To blend with the color fade from ultra violet rays and other types of paint issues (IE. Orange peel).