PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO,Klasse sealant then collinite 845?

dietdewboy
05-25-2011, 06:00 AM
Yup, another boat question. I'm detailing my boat before summer starts here in norther Wisconsin. Last night I compounded the whole thing to remove any oxidation and junk in the finish. Tonight after work I'm planning on using Klasse AIO with a HT tangerine pad then topping it with Klasse sealant applied by hand as instructed by the Klasse application guide. Tomorrow night another coat of the sealant by hand. Friday I was thinking about using Collinite 845 over the whole boat just for added shine and protection.
Should I apply the collinite by hand as well so I dont damage the klasse sealant?

BobbyG
05-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Yup, another boat question. I'm detailing my boat before summer starts here in norther Wisconsin. Last night I compounded the whole thing to remove any oxidation and junk in the finish. Tonight after work I'm planning on using Klasse AIO with a HT tangerine pad then topping it with Klasse sealant applied by hand as instructed by the Klasse application guide. Tomorrow night another coat of the sealant by hand. Friday I was thinking about using Collinite 845 over the whole boat just for added shine and protection.
Should I apply the collinite by hand as well so I dont damage the klasse sealant?

Give the sealant 12 hours to cure and have fun waxing with Collinite 845! :props:

dougaross
05-25-2011, 08:46 AM
You can apply 845 by DA with red pad (no cut). This will provide a thin even coat.
You may want to try Duragloss 501/601 instead of Klasse at some time.

Gurge
05-25-2011, 08:57 AM
if the klasse sealant glaze has time to cure, I don't see how 845 would possibly remove any of it (i'd use a red pad as mentioned above)

it's been said a thousand times and I'll say it also cuz i've learned the hard way - apply KSG very thin. I mean THIN. Its a bear to remove if laid on too heavy.

BTW this is the combo on my daily driver right now. KAIO => KSG => 845

jhallhall
05-25-2011, 12:23 PM
i dont think 845 has any cleaners in it so it should not remove the sealant. I think KAIO, KSG, 845 is a great combo for daily drives that are subject to the elements 24/7

dietdewboy
05-26-2011, 06:09 AM
Up date, So far so good, Compounding is done, Klasse AIO is done and the first coat of sealant is on. Tonight after work I will put the second coat of sealant on.

What I've learned,
1- I was gun shy of the sealant and dont think I put enough on for the first coat, temps where in the high 50's and I never really did see it haze up.
2- I wish I would have used a polish for gel-coat between the compounding and the Klasse AIO. The compound I used said it isn't necessary but I think I would have had better results getting out the swirl marks, this AIO isn't very aggressive.
3- I have a whole new respect to all you Pro's out there, my arms are killing me from hanging on to the GG polisher 2 nights in a row! I though roofing was tiring! I've been a licensed contractor for over 20 years and thought I was in pretty good shape.. well surprise surprise!! I beat this morning...lol

A4 1.8tqm
05-26-2011, 06:42 AM
What I've learned,
1- I was gun shy of the sealant and don't think I put enough on for the first coat, temps where in the high 50's and I never really did see it haze up.
2- this AIO isn't very aggressive.

1- Well, you didn't come back complaining that it was hard to buff off, so... You probably got it right. A nice thin coat of Klasse SG won't haze over totally white, which makes it tough to see that you got even coverage. So that's where two coats comes in, to ensure full and even coverage.

2- Klasse AIO does not contain abrasives and is not intended to correct swirls. As you said, a polish for Gel coats would have been the answer. Enjoy a shiny boat this season and do some swirl correction and re-seal/wax in the off season for next year. :props:

dietdewboy
06-01-2011, 06:22 AM
The end results, not bad for a 1996! I cant wait to try this combo out on my Tundra.

cutter
06-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Your boat looks great...The same combo will have your Tundra looking that nice
too!!!:props:

kkreit01
06-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Looks great. I wouldn't think the Klasse sealant is a necessary step in this case. IMO, it would be a waste of time if topping with 845 anyway. I 2nd the DG 501 suggestion -- as it's a Marine product (although it's too late).

hyper-VTEC
01-16-2015, 09:08 PM
Bumping into an old thread and reviving it. Is it ok to take the car out between the coats of KAIO, KSG and 845? Since I have to give time between the KSG and 845 for KSG to cure properly, but i need to take the car out. What if i use a quick detailer to remove the dust and work with 845? An i hope there is no mandatory gap to be given between AIO and KSG.

KMdef9
01-16-2015, 09:39 PM
I'd use products that fit my lifestyle.

But, you could wait in between, you just need to make sure the surface is clean again before applying the next layer.

808_detail_nut
01-17-2015, 04:31 AM
One tip I found applying s/g if you are doing it by hand and want a thin uniform application Go buy a travel spray bottle (the 2 or 3 oz ones) and fill it with the s/g. Give your applicator a quick spray trying to cover the whole pad with only 1 spray. Then work a 4' or 6' area going in 2 directions to get uniform coverage. Then repeat as you go along. This is the best way I have found to apply s/g. Like it was mentioned before about it being a pain to remove if it's too thick, this I have found to be so easy you barely see any residue. Looks great by the way!