PDA

View Full Version : My line up of products, hoe does this sound

Surfer
04-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Getting PC at lowes

From Autogeek:
Optimum Polish
Klasse AIO
Poor Boys EX-P (should I go with the carnauba one or the other?)
Poorboys Natty Blue Paste Wax (seen the results, can't beat for the money)
Edge Dual Action Kit

How does that look? Products should work together (ie. EX-P bond well to AIO etc) right? I know the Edge Dual Action kit is expensive, and theres the cheaper velcro kit, but I've heard a lot of good stuff on the Edge system and plus the pads are double sided (could do half the truck on one side, and the other half on the other side etc).

UPP sounded good but I can't get it on AG. Is EX-P good, and which one would you go with (theres two versions)

Thanks in advance guys. Also I still have Meg's detailer spray, which honestly works pretty damn well, but would you happen to recommend a spray/detailer to say maybe spray over the Natty's once a week after washing?

Mike T
04-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Looks like a good combo you have there. What color is your car. if its dark colored You could go with EX nad Natty's blue. Both are kinda meant for dark colors.Some here like using PB's S&G after washing. I like to use QW+.

Surfer
04-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Our cars/trucks are white, blue, silver, silver/grey color, and black. I've seen Natty's on black, and Sovereign was just a tad deeper/wetter, for the money Natty's seems like a bargain for what it offers.

As far as Sealent, which would you get EX-P or the EX with carnauba (guessing EX with Carnauba and Natty's Blue would look pretty slick and deep)? And is Meg's Detail Spray fine to shoot over Natty's after washing?

I just wanted to make sure my products will bond well together, ie. AIO over Optimum Polish, and EX over AIO etc. This stuff is addiciting, I've just always cleaned up and usually slapped on NXT, I think I've changed my mind 6 times on what to get LOL.

JeffW
04-24-2006, 01:09 PM
In my personal usuage, I have found that EX is tougher to work with than EX-P, so I'd lean that way. Topped with Natty's Blue would be a good combo, or, if you have a light color metallic finish you might want to consider regular Natty's. Either way, PB's QW+ is a great product to maintain the Natty's waxes.

If you are willing to consider other product families, look into the WG sealant especially if you have a darker car as it's finish mimics a carnauba and is a tough & durable sealant. You can then use the WG spray sealant as your QD (requires only a 1 hour cure time !!!) which will keep adding to the sealant protection...

Surfer
04-24-2006, 01:13 PM
In my personal usuage, I have found that EX is tougher to work with than EX-P, so I'd lean that way. Topped with Natty's Blue would be a good combo, or, if you have a light color metallic finish you might want to consider regular Natty's. Either way, PB's QW+ is a great product to maintain the Natty's waxes.

If you are willing to consider other product families, look into the WG sealant especially if you have a darker car as it's finish mimics a carnauba and is a tough & durable sealant. You can then use the WG spray sealant as your QD (requires only a 1 hour cure time !!!) which will keep adding to the sealant protection...I was actually interested in the WG Sealent but heard it attraced way to much dust/dirt/pollen etc from others? Though that shouldn't really be a problem if layered with Natty's right? I'll keep it in mind, may change my mind again by later on LOL ;) So Natty wax would look good over WG Sealent?

edit - I'm at work working on deals and getting ready to meet a client and here I am stuck on this board

Mike T
04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
lol thanks jeff you just answered a WG question I had.

ScottB
04-24-2006, 05:39 PM
great combo. I would stick with EX-P versus EX as one is a pure sealant (offering longer durability) and the other is a carnuaba for which Nattys Blue is already. You could use WG versus the EX-P as both are sealants as wanted, with EX-P being a bit brighter and WG being a bit warmer.

I will tell you that since you are ending on a carnuaba note, you seriously need to consider a final QD product to amp up between detailing sessions. Crystal Mist easily fits the bill. So does the Poorboys product.

The only other thing missing in your equation is towels. Your gonna need some sweet micros. A Guzzler for drying, an polish/wax remover (formerly called the Indigos), and a ultra plush or two for QD. And some soap and a good Sheepskin mitt and you are seriously getting the bug !!!!

Moises_C
04-24-2006, 06:23 PM
So what do you think guys if i use something like this combo but instead of nattys i use p21s on a black car?

I wonder if the nattys is going to look MUCH better than the p21s...:confused:

Surfer
04-24-2006, 06:34 PM
So what do you think guys if i use something like this combo but instead of nattys i use p21s on a black car?

I wonder if the nattys is going to look MUCH better than the p21s...:confused:I'm very impressed by Natty's Blue on black, really can't beat it for the money.

Killrwheels (and the rest of you) thank you so much for your help. Yup, already have mit/towels etc. Might still buy more. Belive me, I'll pry be adding mroe products lol. But for now I want to get in the swing of really good detailing. Still planning on the Viper later this summer, and right now I'm checking out a couple older e39 M5's and the paintjobs on both are beautiful...I'm going friggen nutz without a manual, keep grabbing the water bottle in my truck like it's a shifter :D

Reddwarf
05-28-2006, 08:07 PM
I tried Natty's Blue on my British Racing Green and it looked good. What do you recommend for a white or silver car?

ScottB
05-28-2006, 09:18 PM
I tried Natty's Blue on my British Racing Green and it looked good. What do you recommend for a white or silver car?

Sealant --- Four Starr UPP, Poorboys EXP
Wax --- Pinnacle Sig Series II

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Sep30_03.JPG
or Souveran Paste

IMO , white is the hardest color to work on. Shows any dirt, and really needs to be amped with wetness or gloss to stand out.