PDA

View Full Version : the correct way of applying clear coat to headlights with out streaking

reggie1967
05-23-2011, 09:49 PM
what up group some time i have a problem applying clear coat to headlight with streaking on headlight i been catching my self taking off the clear coat with minerals spirits and re applying i have been using the dvelup headlight clear coat/ and i have a better result with the mini wax clear gloss/ with minerals spirts what you think

93fox
05-24-2011, 12:37 AM
The correct way of applying clear coat to headlights its by sanding them and finishing off at 1000grit. Then with a spray gun you shoot clear on them. Now i dont know what clear you are using but a "clear coat" consit of clear and hardener. What stuff are you exactly using?

Setec Astronomy
05-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Now i dont know what clear you are using but a "clear coat" consit of clear and hardener. What stuff are you exactly using?

Dvelup is a headlight reconditioning system. I think I'd just use Opti-Coat.

reggie1967
05-24-2011, 09:00 PM
The correct way of applying clear coat to headlights its by sanding them and finishing off at 1000grit. Then with a spray gun you shoot clear on them. Now i dont know what clear you are using but a "clear coat" consit of clear and hardener. What stuff are you exactly using? i used dvelup headlight restoration clear coat 2 part mix and also use mini spar clear coat glosse and minerals spirts mix depends on level of sanding i do ranges from 220 up tp 3000