PDA

View Full Version : How do you detail a 7.5' by 18' Enclosed trailer?

PapaPremier
01-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey guys, I've detailed trailers before but i just wanted some input from you guys b/c i need some more help...i just wanted to know what's the best way of going about detailing an enclosed trailer that is about 7.5' wide and 18.5' long with diamond plating in the front? I want to birghten up the diamond plating but what's the best tools and compounds to use and what about the paint on them? Its a white paint but i know that trailer paints are thin so what's the best way of detailing those and making them look new again? Is it just like doing a car????

PapaPremier
01-10-2007, 04:43 PM
any ideas?

Rapidity
01-10-2007, 04:47 PM
very carefully?

Sorry that's all I got. ;)

PapaPremier
01-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Lol nice...

Man, has no one here ever detailed a trailer before?

abrcrombe
01-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Well I never detailed a trailer, but these are my educated guesses. For the diamondplating, a metal polish would be best. I don't know if I would want to use a PC on there because I would be afraid of the pads getting ripped apart depending on how aggressive the plating is. For the paint, if there are swirls, but the paint is thin, just use a finishing polish to brighten up the paint, and bring back some gloss. Top with a sealant for longer protection. It is better to have clearcoat and some swirls than no clear or very thin and no swirls IMO.

FloridaNative
01-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Do you have any pics of it?