PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever had a new car delivered from afar?

builthatch
05-23-2011, 12:00 PM
apparently the car goes from port to the dealer no matter what. then they put it on another truck and it comes here.

i usually have the dealer perform as little prep as possible because many dealer preps are straight hacks. i don't want them touching the paint or washing the car.

but they always perform the base prep, like removing plastic and ####. should i just have them leave it all on there until it gets to me off the second truck?

i've never gotten a new car from afar like this before.

Y2KSVT
05-23-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd certainly demand that as little prep work be done as possible. I've seen plenty of cars being delivered to dealerships with plastic still on them. If I were ordering a brand new car, I'd personally tell them to leave everything AS-IS from the factory, and that you don't want ANYONE touching it before delivery.

Mark

pixelmonkey
05-23-2011, 01:42 PM
thats how i signed and accepted delivery of my truck. plastic still on the seats and door panels.

prevented them from installing the dealer sticker on the back of the truck as well.

*they arent sponsoring me or giving me an income, so their logo is not welcome on my truck*
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

Y2KSVT
05-23-2011, 01:50 PM
And depending where you're from, if you aren't required to run a front license plate, you might want to include that they NOT drill holes in your front bumper! even if you are required to have a front license plate, you might consider some of the different mounting brackets you can purchase that aren't so obtrusive on the bumper.

Mark