PDA

View Full Version : Folex leaving stains?

xkadajx
05-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Hey Guys,

My sister spilled coffee all over her new car. I searched here and got folex from my local Home Depot. I used it for a few applications- waiting between each one for it to dry. I probably did this 3-4 times. I don't see the towel I'm using to soak up the coffee-folex solution turn brown anymore. However, after the folex dries I still see an outline of the solution on the passenger seat. Any idea how to remove this?

Thanks

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Sounds like you possibly over-saturated the spot with Folex. While I doubt the Folex itself is the reason for the stain, what probably happened was the carpet/upholstery was too wet and as the surface of the carpet/upholstery dried, it wicked up dirt from below the surface of the fibers. If you have an extractor or shop-vac, you can try to re-wet the affected area and remove the excess with the extractor or shop-vac.

Cruiser57
05-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Agreed. The stain is probably diluted coffee. If there was a large amount of coffee spilled you will need a shop vac or extractor to remove what's below the surface to stop the wicking.