PDA

View Full Version : Is there a product that repels dust/pollen?

Pages : [1] 2

Billy Baldone
05-22-2011, 04:08 PM
I just took my black Miata out for a drive,completely detailed and finished with Do Do blue velvet.I have yellow tree pollen all over it,I was wondering if there is good wax/sealant or whatever that keeps dust from sticking.I hate to wash it every time i drive it.
Thanks
Billy

Flash Gordon
05-22-2011, 04:12 PM
I just took my black Miata out for a drive,completely detailed and finished with Do Do blue velvet.I have yellow tree pollen all over it,I was wondering if there is good wax/sealant or whatever that keeps dust from sticking.I hate to wash it every time i drive it.
Thanks
Billy

Washing the car with cold water only after you do your detail will help reduce the static electricty waxes produce

jhallhall
05-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Washing the car with cold water only after you do your detail will help reduce the static electricty waxes produce

I always wash and detailw ith cold water and no matter what the next day i have tons of pollen. Basically all i do is use a good quick detailer and if its really bad an ONR wash is in store

93fox
05-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Like many have said, the day someone creates a dust repelant prodcut, they will be millionairs by the next day.

Billy Baldone
05-22-2011, 04:29 PM
What is ONR? forgive the newbie queation.

Ted S.
05-22-2011, 04:38 PM
ONR= Optimum No-Rinse
:props:

Emm
05-22-2011, 04:38 PM
FK 425 is supposed to have anti-static properties to it.

Old Tiger
05-22-2011, 04:51 PM
It helps a lot! A sealant doesnt attract as much as a wax IME!

mark58
05-22-2011, 05:37 PM
California duster works fine for me on a Black car.

Dr Oldz
05-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Nubas tend to attract dust/pollen. Try a pure sealant in those times, it does help. The California Car Dusters have always worked well for me also. If you want to totally avoid dust, there is no way that can be done unless you drive around in a bubble.

James K
05-22-2011, 06:27 PM

I love this product. I buy it by the gallon now. While pollen and dust still Denmark to collect on the car, it seems to come off easier from the wind while driving. Like it makes it hard to stick. Now that my Cobra is parked it gets a waterless wash in DP after I drive it followed by a wipe down with the FK425. It also gets wiped down with it before each drive.

Billy Baldone
05-22-2011, 06:29 PM
won't the california duster scratch the car?

Billy Baldone
05-22-2011, 06:33 PM
So,the FK 425 is a better product than Griot's Speed Shine?And works just like a spray QD?

Dr Oldz
05-22-2011, 06:35 PM
If you do not apply pressure and lightly drag it over the surface, I have not marred even the softest paints.

A4 1.8tqm
05-22-2011, 06:37 PM
I love this product. I buy it by the gallon now. While pollen and dust still Denmark to collect on the car, it seems to come off easier from the wind while driving. Like it makes it hard to stick. Now that my Cobra is parked it gets a waterless wash in DP after I drive it followed by a wipe down with the FK425. It also gets wiped down with it before each drive.

:iagree: buy the gallon. Use it as a drying aid and as your regular QD. It's not like a magic barrier against dust, but it's your best bet IMO.

Used properly, by only letting the strings just hang down onto the paint, no it wont. If you set the duster on the paint and rub it around, well... yes you'll mar the crap out of the paint.