PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Liquid Souveran or Collonite Insulator Wax??

Pages : [1] 2

cwkoch
05-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Well, I just finished with a swirl remover (Wizards), followed by Klasse All-in-one, and Klasses High Gloss Sealant. I was planning on putting a wax on later today. I've used the Collonite Insulator wax on my truck and boat and really like it, but I also have a 2oz sample of the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran to use, and thought I might try that. Which would be better? I know the Collonite lasts a long time, but will the Pinnacle be a deeper shine? The car is a black Corvette.

Thanks.

trhland
05-22-2011, 03:01 PM
pinnacle all the way!!!!!

DLaw
05-22-2011, 03:05 PM
pinnacle all the way!!!!!

:iagree: I was also surprised at how long the Pinnacle lasts.

BobbyG
05-22-2011, 03:31 PM
You already have a great combination of products so what ever you add to it will be a plus..:props:

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax is a really nice wax. It lays down beautifully with a dual action polisher and once it hazes it buffs to a nice shine; a truly nice product.

Collinite 845 has to be my all-time favorite wax. This stuff goes on so easily and I apply it with my Porter Cable 7424 dual action polisher using a red Lake Country pad. A few small dots is all you'll need to do an entire panel.

"Collinite 845 Liquid Insulator Wax, for example, is one of the finest liquid carnauba waxes you can buy. It has the shine and wetness of carnauba but its longevity is more like a paint sealant. You can expect up to 5 months of protection and incredible water-beading, even on non-garaged vehicles."

The biggest difference I see between the two is the depth of Collinite 845 is much deeper than Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax. Between it's depth, wet look, and longevity Collinite 845 would be my choice.

You've already used and have experience with Collinite 845. I suggest that you do a comparison on one panel and make your decision based on the results.

The bottom line is they're both great products...:dblthumb2:

jhallhall
05-22-2011, 04:25 PM
You already have a great combination of products so what ever you add to it will be a plus..:props:

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax is a really nice wax. It lays down beautifully with a dual action polisher and once it hazes it buffs to a nice shine; a truly nice product.

Collinite 845 has to be my all-time favorite wax. This stuff goes on so easily and I apply it with my Porter Cable 7424 dual action polisher using a red Lake Country pad. A few small dots is all you'll need to do an entire panel.

"Collinite 845 Liquid Insulator Wax, for example, is one of the finest liquid carnauba waxes you can buy. It has the shine and wetness of carnauba but its longevity is more like a paint sealant. You can expect up to 5 months of protection and incredible water-beading, even on non-garaged vehicles."

The biggest difference I see between the two is the depth of Collinite 845 is much deeper than Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax. Between it's depth, wet look, and longevity Collinite 845 would be my choice.

You've already used and have experience with Collinite 845. I suggest that you do a comparison on one panel and make your decision based on the results.

The bottom line is they're both great products...:dblthumb2:

I have had collinite 845 on my list for a while but just want to use up my nattys blue before i go get it. I have seen countless threads and pics of how great collinte 845 is and i cant wait to try it out

93fox
05-22-2011, 04:52 PM
BobbyG couldnt have said it any better! just absolute truth what he said. i have collinite on two of my cars that are parked outside 24/7 and let me tell you that thing is strong like a bullet. water still beads like crazy and when i rinse it, all the dirt comes off like nothing. personally, if you are looking for something that is gonna last, you shouldnt look any further than collinite 845 for a wax. The depth and shine in that thing is just mind blowing for $15 a bottle.

here is a pic to give you an idea of what i mean:

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad238/oscar0990/IMG_0404.jpg

ScottB
05-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Pinnacle for me ....

James K
05-22-2011, 06:24 PM
I love both. My daily driver gets the Collinite and my Cobra gets the Pinnacle Souverän paste. I used the liquid before that on it and was very happy as well. Either way you can't go wrong IMO.

Try them both and see what you like best.

A4 1.8tqm
05-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Top with Pinnacle over Collinite 845.

Then you'll have Klasse AIO under Klasse SG under Colli 845 under Pinnacle LS. Over kill? Yep. Looks good? Let us know. :D

daveinsweethome
05-22-2011, 07:43 PM
personally i like the pinnacle liquid on silver. my own baby gets it. customers get a lot of the 845 for durability and depth. looks good on whites too.

bevans
05-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Definitely ordering some 845 next time I make a purchase. Didn't catch this last sale so just gna wait for the next bogo to come out to see what there is then place my order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mackdaddyhibble
05-22-2011, 08:54 PM
When faced with such a dilemma,I just use both so I can compare,you know the collinite gonna last and you only have a sample of the pinnacle.Id put the Collinite on wait a week or two try the pinnacle.Hey you have them both,why save them. I couldnt decide between the 476 and 845,I bought both and use both. The Pinnacle has a subtle difference in the shine dept for me,so I use that too,during summer months.

cwkoch
05-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Well, ended up going with the Collonite 845 for the finishing wax.... Looks great! Thanks for the great response BobbyG.

Here's a few shots of the car, if this works... It's hard to tell, since the paint wasn't in bad shape before, but I think there's definitely more shine there now. If you look at the hood reflection in the first two pictures, the junk on the shelf behind the car looks more clear in the after picture.

Before:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f133/cwkoch/IMG_0549.jpg

After:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f133/cwkoch/IMG_0561-1.jpg

Another after:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f133/cwkoch/IMG_0559.jpg

You can see the ceiling texture pretty clearly in the trunk lid:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f133/cwkoch/IMG_0560.jpg

Another of the hood:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f133/cwkoch/IMG_0563.jpg

jbgrant
05-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Last week I applied Pinnacle Liquid Souveran over the Klasse twins, have to say it's a great combination. The pinnacle spreads evenly and comes off just as it would on raw paint. It looks stunning and beads/sheets MUCH better than Klasse SGHG. The depth, gloss, and darkening from the combinations are all impressive and I expect the durability will be quite good, we will see. I gave the klasse 8 hours to cure in my garage before topping with pinnacle. I have no experience with collinite waxes so I can't say how they compare.

BobbyG
05-23-2011, 05:18 AM
You C5 looks great and your comment on the first two shots is right on the money AND it's a Z06!...:props: