PDA

View Full Version : Acid rain?

Pages : [1] 2

ghost5486
05-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Im not to sure whats in my paint. When its in the shade u see tons of spots but in the sun they disappear. I tried to d/a it last weekend with no success at all and this weekend i got out the rotary for the first time but it didn't do a thing for the spots, it got all the swirls and some nasty scratches out:] What will i have to do?

My steps
wash 2 bucket method
clay
m105 with orange LC pad
m205 with white LC pad
coat of nxt 2.0
coat of gold class carnauba paste wax

Flash Gordon
05-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Im not to sure whats in my paint. When its in the shade u see tons of spots but in the sun they disappear. I tried to d/a it last weekend with no success at all and this weekend i got out the rotary for the first time but it didn't do a thing for the spots, it got all the swirls and some nasty scratches out:] What will i have to do?

My steps
wash 2 bucket method
clay
m105 with orange LC pad
m205 with white LC pad
coat of nxt 2.0
coat of gold class carnauba paste wax

Looks like acid rain to me too

The only thing you might try is to wetsand, but they may be etched all the way through the clear. Only other thought is to respray

Maybe that cquartz stuff will work?

Ted S.
05-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Any chance of clearer photos? Looks like the camera was focused on the reflection, which happens to me a lot.

If not:

-Are the spots more of a solid color, full of cracks?
-Are they more of etchings?

Maybe this thread and its links may be of more help:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/35433-acid-rain-damage.html

ghost5486
05-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Any chance of clearer photos? Looks like the camera was focused on the reflection, which happens to me a lot.

If not:

-Are the spots more of a solid color, full of cracks?
-Are they more of etchings?

Maybe this thread and its links may be of more help:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/35433-acid-rain-damage.html
Look more of like an etching. ill go get some more pics should be back in about 10 mins

Flash Gordon
05-22-2011, 03:10 PM

Photo 2 is pretty revealing if its a pic after the car has been washed and dried IMO

OP....For kicks you might also try soaking the paint with vinager for several minutes then wiping with a fresh micro-fiber

Flash Gordon
05-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Look more of like an etching. ill go get some more pics should be back in about 10 mins

You go get pics and we'll go get popcorn

C U Soon :hungry:

ghost5486
05-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Photo 2 is pretty revealing if its a pic after the car has been washed and dried IMO

OP....For kicks you might also try soaking the paint with vinager for several minutes then wiping with a fresh micro-fiber
yes photo 2 is after wash and drying gota go get more picks the ones i just took dont show the spots lol. need some shade and some lights

Flash Gordon
05-22-2011, 03:24 PM
< < < :toetap:

im getting pics up in a min

ghost5486
05-22-2011, 03:51 PM
< < < :toetap:
well i cant get any, what you see in photo 2 is what it looks like but when you look at it in person it looks like it dips down but i can barley feel anything the first photo is after the rotary and in the sun and you cant see them

Flash Gordon
05-22-2011, 03:53 PM
<< : feverous toetap:

well i cant get any, but i do have some from when i detailed it in garage let me get them uploaded:buffing:

ghost5486
05-22-2011, 04:11 PM
<< : feverous toetap:
the other pics look exactly like the second pic im out of ideas of getting more pics:[

so whats my only suggestion? i am by far not a pro and this was the first time i used my rotary, i usually stick to d/a of the fear of burning paint or holograms but not of that happened and im not to sure if i was moving to fast or not. the paint got pretty hot but again not sure if it got to hot or not hot enough.

should i take it down to the local paint shop to see if they can tell me if its in the paint or can safely be removed via wet sanding and the amount of clear on the car?

Flash Gordon
05-22-2011, 04:19 PM
should i take it down to the local paint shop to see if they can tell me if its in the paint or can safely be removed via wet sanding and the amount of clear on the car?

Do they do quality work? If so, then yes, thats what I would recommend

Sorry to hear of this. Keep us updated please

Flash

ghost5486
05-22-2011, 06:47 PM

Flash
Ya they do quality work, i know most of them lets hope it can be wet sanded out probably be tues or wends before i get it over their

ghost5486
05-25-2011, 07:10 PM

Flash
well i went to the paint shop, they said it was acid rain and it will never come all the way out without a repaint. They said to wet sand with 2000 grit followed by m105 then m 205. Probably going to try it this weekend.:buffing:

Flash Gordon
05-25-2011, 08:20 PM
well i went to the paint shop, they said it was acid rain and it will never come all the way out without a repaint. They said to wet sand with 2000 grit followed by m105 then m 205. Probably going to try it this weekend.:buffing:

Well that sucks

The most shocking news here is that a body shop recommended 105

Good luck and keep us posted