PDA

View Full Version : sprayers on Optimum Spray Polish

Pages : [1] 2

StephenK
05-22-2011, 01:20 PM
i have had the Optimum spray Hyper compound and Polish and not matter how much i twist the nozzle open i still only get a single stream not a fanned out spray like i see in all the videos. also when i shake it up even with nozzle closed poilsh/compound still flings out of bottle. anyone else have this issue?

Perfections
05-22-2011, 01:37 PM
i have had the Optimum spray Hyper compound and Polish and not matter how much i twist the nozzle open i still only get a single stream not a fanned out spray like i see in all the videos. also when i shake it up even with nozzle closed poilsh/compound still flings out of bottle. anyone else have this issue?

Shoot chris@optimum your address and he'll mail you newer ones

StephenK
05-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Shoot chris@optimum your address and he'll mail you newer ones

ok cool. am i right to assume this has been an issue for others and they have updated the sprayers?

silverfox
05-22-2011, 02:05 PM
There are two things you have to do. The first is to spray it like you mean it. Don't give it a whimpy shot... Really put some force behind it. More pressure means a better spray pattern. Secondly once you get used to spraying like you mean it adjust the nozzle just past the minimum closed setting and open it more until the spray pattern is where you want it. I doubt a new sprayer will help much. It really you adjusting the way you spray it. It's not like lightly spraying on detail spray. If you spray it like your just spritzing it on...it will just puke it out in a stream.

StephenK
05-22-2011, 02:11 PM
There are two things you have to do. The first is to spray it like you mean it. Don't give it a whimpy shot... Really put some force behind it. More pressure means a better spray pattern. Secondly once you get used to spraying like you mean it adjust the nozzle just past the minimum closed setting and open it more until the spray pattern is where you want it. I doubt a new sprayer will help much. It really you adjusting the way you spray it. It's not like lightly spraying on detail spray. If you spray it like your just spritzing it on...it will just puke it out in a stream.
when i first recieved these products i gave the trigger a good squeeze and it was still just a single stream and it came out so hard it bounced off the pad and back on me. did not say anything at that time cause i heard everyone saying it would take time to get use to how to use the spayers.

LegacyGT
05-22-2011, 02:41 PM
I had the same issues, sent Meghan an email, and she sorted it out for me.

StephenK
05-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I had the same issues, sent Meghan an email, and she sorted it out for me.

what was done to fix the issue?

Perfections
05-22-2011, 08:01 PM
what was done to fix the issue?

There has been a few reported problems, I know chris has helped others by shipping them some new sprayers, and I'm sure ag would do the same, I'm sure chris will chime in later though to help ya out

StephenK
05-22-2011, 08:05 PM
There has been a few reported problems, I know chris has helped others by shipping them some new sprayers, and I'm sure ag would do the same, I'm sure chris will chime in later though to help ya out

i sent Chris an email

Chris Thomas
05-22-2011, 08:09 PM
The original sprayers are shipping sprayers, meaning that they completely close. With both the polish and the compound they must be opened fully then closed gradually till you find the cone pattern. If you have shaken well and tried to dial in the pattern with no avail, we will gladly send you a replacement. We changed to a new brand for the Hyper Compound that is not a shipping sprayer (doesn't fully close) and is much easier to dial in the right pattern. We are still using the original sprayers with the Hyper Polish for now. I will go ahead and ship you two new ones detailgod...this information is just for others with similar problems. For reference, the new one's are a version of the Tolco #320 chemical resistant spray head available at many auto detail supply stores.

StephenK
05-22-2011, 08:25 PM
The original sprayers are shipping sprayers, meaning that they completely close. With both the polish and the compound they must be opened fully then closed gradually till you find the cone pattern. If you have shaken well and tried to dial in the pattern with no avail, we will gladly send you a replacement. We changed to a new brand for the Hyper Compound that is not a shipping sprayer (doesn't fully close) and is much easier to dial in the right pattern. We are still using the original sprayers with the Hyper Polish for now. I will go ahead and ship you two new ones detailgod...this information is just for others with similar problems. For reference, the new one's are a version of the Tolco #320 chemical resistant spray head available at many auto detail supply stores.

Thanks Chris. and this is why AG and all the companys that are associated with AG so great. any issues I have had have been taken care of with out any problems. once again great customer service. and i know i can be a huge PITA sometimes but everyone has always be nice and clam.

IID
05-22-2011, 09:26 PM
For reference, the new one's are a version of the Tolco #320 chemical resistant spray head.

Per your recommendation Chris,they work very good.
Thank You

StephenK
06-02-2011, 08:09 AM
i have had no luck dialing in the sprayers. there are no detailing supply stores near me. do you know of any other places that would carry these sprayers?

Chris Thomas
06-02-2011, 10:19 AM
I think we sent you some at the beginning of the week. The warehouse was closed at the end of last week and over the weekend, but they should be there soon.

StephenK
06-02-2011, 07:40 PM
I think we sent you some at the beginning of the week. The warehouse was closed at the end of last week and over the weekend, but they should be there soon.

ok thanks Chris