PDA

View Full Version : All These Manfacturers say You Can Only Use Their seat Cleaners...Is This True?

ShineTimeDetail
05-21-2011, 09:58 PM
So I've done peoples cars and before I start they say, 'You need to use this cleaner on the seats, manufacture calls for it.' Like Lexus says if you use anything but theirs it will clog the holes for the air to come out of the seats. Ford/ Lincoln says if you dont use theirs, it will take the special coating that is on the leather. Is this true or a gimmick? If its true what do I have to do? Is there cleaners I can use?

StephenK
05-21-2011, 10:11 PM
the products dealerships sell that have their name on it is nothing more then retagged products that another company made that everyone knows by other names. someone had recently posted a thread about Mopar dealership sell i believe it was a wax with the Mopar name on it but guess what? it was Meguiars with a Mopar tag. as far as i know no auto maker(ford chevy toyota etc........) makes thier own "detailing" products. sos somewhere on the bottle it should say who actually made it

Flash Gordon
05-21-2011, 10:12 PM
So I've done peoples cars and before I start they say, 'You need to use this cleaner on the seats, manufacture calls for it.' Like Lexus says if you use anything but theirs it will clog the holes for the air to come out of the seats. Ford/ Lincoln says if you dont use theirs, it will take the special coating that is on the leather. Is this true or a gimmick? If its true what do I have to do? Is there cleaners I can use?

Yes, I'm afraid this is true

Regards,

That kook who predicted the end of the world

ShineTimeDetail
05-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Yes, I'm afraid this is true

Regards,

That kook who predicted the end of the world

Man this whole end of the world thing really has screwed me! I spent all my money, did donuts in a parking lot till my tires blew and told quiet a few people to go you know what! This is really not good lol