PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the haze on silver paint.

Jay72
05-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi Mike, just wanted to let you know that I think all the help you give on here is fabulous! Now I have a question for you. I have the Mothers FX Synwax Liquid and have ordered a Megs G110 v.2, but I did a test panel with just an applicator and some of the wax on my hood and I really couldn't see if it was hazed over or not, do you have a good way of telling on a silver car?
Thanks so much,

Jay

Flash Gordon
05-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Those lite coloured cars can be tricky. Try looking at the surface from different angles

flyinion
05-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Those lite coloured cars can be tricky. Try looking at the surface from different angles

agreed, I finally realized mine is slightly hazy just by seeing it while in the shade of a building and looking at the sky/building reflections. I guess the bonus to light paint is it hides swirl marks well.

Jay72
05-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks guys, and I hate to say it but your 350z looks to be the same as my Nissan Van (dammit, I just said I have a van!!) SIlver mist by chance? Oh and we apparently have the same engine, the 3.5 yours is just tuned a bit more, well a lot more..lol

ronki
05-22-2011, 09:38 AM
When I waxed my silver yaris at night, I saw some hazing at the roof, thanks to the yellow/amber light from the street light, but if I waxed it in the morning..there's no proper way of telling, I just timed it..

james_death
05-22-2011, 09:41 AM
The moving the head around is possibly best bet changing angle etc mind you you may well get a few weird looks...:laughing:

Jay72
05-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks guys...lol My neighbor across the street has been laughing at me because I have been out there every day working on the detailing. He has never seen me do this before. And I am doing the head bob thing making sure I am not missing any spots..lol
Off to work I go!! Thanks again...nothing like midnights on a holiday weekend (May 2-4 here in Canada!)

fairlady350z
05-22-2011, 09:48 PM
I just look in the reflection of the paint and focus on the grass, buildings, ect. and try to see any cloudy/hazy spots. It also helps to look down the length of the car, if you prefer to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kristopher1129
05-22-2011, 09:53 PM
I think it just takes time to train the eyes to spot it. I can easily spot any left over wax, or haze left on light colored paint. But in the beginning it was a lot tougher to catch.

Once you figure out how to use the lighting around you to spot it...you'll do just fine.