PDA

View Full Version : I REALLY Need a Garage!!

FloridaNative
04-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Man! Talk about rude awakenings. I went out this morning at 6:30am as always to wait for my son's school bus to come pick him up and while outside I inspected my car as always and saw... my rear bumper was smashed in and the rear hatch door too was damaged. It was a hit and run so I have to pay to get it fixed $500.00 deductible! I SERIOUSLY need a garage! :(

Meghan
04-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Yikes!:mad: Sorry to hear that!

FloridaNative
04-24-2006, 11:54 AM
I know! I'm so bummed. My car is not even 2 months old! My first thought when I saw my car was, "oh my gosh somebody hit me!!" My second thought was, "it could have been worse." I mean I just heard on the news last week about a whole family that was killed in a car crash in Orlando. It can always be worse and I thank God that nothing happened to my kids, but I am still going to be out $500.00 that I would have much rather spent on some AG kits! Oh well! Asi es la vida!

Mike T
04-24-2006, 12:19 PM
I feel your pain. A couple of weeks ago I was driving through a parking lot and this kid smashed into me as was crossing through one of those small interparking lot intersections. I as well lost $500 because he was to busy yacking on the phone instead of driving. He never even hit his breaks. It will be next month sometime before I get my car back. $3700 in damage.

FloridaNative
04-24-2006, 02:45 PM
OUCH! I don't know yet how much money in damage I have. I'll find out Wednesday morning when the insurance inspector assesses it. But I just which the neighbor who hit me would just come forward and tell me. I mean my car was parked in the parking lot and suddenly this morning there is damage from being rear ended and pretty hard too! I mean I know accidents happen but to hit someone and then not even come forward and make them have to pay for the mistake that they themselves made. It just sucks, but I'm TRYING to keep a positive attitude about it, but it's hard. But you guys here are all so nice and your comments help. Thanks. :)

Mike T
04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
All you can do is try and keep a positive attitude. I know it sucks. I called the collision center today and they told me I should get my car back next Friday. They're are some real ****'s outhere. I was watching this episode of "My Name is Earl" and this sorry excuse for a man whips open his car door and WHACKS the car next to him leaving a huge dent and the man proceeds to write something on a piece of paper and puts it on the windshield then drives off. Earl goes over and grabs the paper and reads it. He wrote something similar to "sorry about your luck, You'll never find me". Later in the episode the man gets thrown in jail for stealing money from the restaurant were he works and his wife divorce's him because she found out he was cheating on her. Carma can be a great thing. Sorry I'll stop rambling now.

MikeyC
04-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Yup. Somebody backed into my front bumper the other day and didn't leave a note. I had just spent close to 10 hours that week detailing the car too. Paint is flaking off the bumper where the jerk hit me. Luckily it should only cost me about $200-$300 to have the area repainted. With my current income being $0 I'm none too happy about this.

ScottB
04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
No to make light of something so bad, but bad things happen. No matter where we are, nor what we do to try and stay away from them. Look at this:

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/1/AF4BBE1E-C159-416C-8469-722F66843774.htm

got take comfort in knowing that cars can be fixed, and that insurance exists.

FloridaNative
04-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Yikes! That is awful! That poor man. And you are so right Killerwheels and the police told me the same thing today that these things happen all the time and I know that I am lucky that nobody got hurt or that there was no devastating damage to my car. I know I need to keep it all in perspective and stop whining so much. I have to say. Two good things happened to me today and both had to do with Autogeek. First coming to this forum (which is always a favorite thing for me to do as if you didn't know :)) and hearing all your stories it makes me feel a whole lot better and second, samples arrived to my house today compliments of Max! That really made my whole day! THANK YOU MAX!! And thank you all on AG for sharing your experiences and knowledge and your warmth and friendliness. You're the best! :D

Mike T
04-24-2006, 08:09 PM
HEY! How come you got samples. J/K Glad you had some good things come of your day.

Kelso
04-24-2006, 08:38 PM
about a month after i got my license, i had put about a grand into rebuilding the motor of my first car... nissan 240sx. it was running great and as i left school with 2 passengers i stopped with the traffic but a girl from my school hit me going.....oh i dunno...30 to 40 mph...never hit her breaks.my SEAT even broke. she did 4 grand worth of damage so they totalled out my car. she scratched her bumper and tried to convince everybody it was my fault and i was a bad driver...stupid #####. point is, i understand and can relate, and some people just suck, but theyll get whats coming to them, and everything will always work out.always. dont worry, that deductible will probably show up somewhere else to benefit you

FloridaNative
04-25-2006, 06:13 AM
Thanks Kelso and everybody else. I really am feeling much better today and all of your comments helped me tremendously. I know I'll get a new bumper and a new door panel soon and I'll be smiling again. Thanks you guys! You're the best! :D