PDA

View Full Version : snowboarding

tinter
01-09-2007, 07:13 PM
just wondering if anyone thought about using car products like waxes/sealants on their snowboards?

Gary Sword
01-09-2007, 07:19 PM
In Florida we don't get to use our snowboards much. I have put sealant on and waxed my Jetski.

flatstick
01-09-2007, 09:47 PM
just wondering if anyone thought about using car products like waxes/sealants on their snowboards?

Well to be honest you can use something like AIO on the top. just be careful not to use AIO where your foot rests on or near your stompad. the AIO is very slick and holds up well on top. I use it to keep the snow from building up. please keep in mind that the bottom of a snowboard is porous. you should use a base cleaner to remove all dirt and grime.if the board was real bad I would use a more coarse brush or fibertex after using the base cleaner. from there you should heat you wax , drip it on the board and spread it around with the iron. remember to keep the iron moving so you do not heat the board too much.if you feel the top of the board it should not be warm. let the wax cool a bit, then use a plexiglass scraper to remove excess wax. my next step involves using a nylon brush to smooth out the finish with light passes in one direction from tip to tail the whole length of the board. you can google fibertex if you do not know what it is. the was for skis and snowboards is a lot more durable than car wax as it is constantly being abraded by snow and ice. hope this helps you out. with this warm weather we have had, no cruising down the double blacks for me yet this year :(