PDA

View Full Version : MF system or 105/205 on 2010 black bmw

dreamps
05-19-2011, 09:02 AM
has anyone used the new mf system on a 2010 or higher black bmw? i have one coming up in 2 weeks and wanted to hear opinions on what i should use. i have plenty of orange,white,blue,black pads as well. also have 105/205/swirlx/uc as my compounds/polishes.

i've worked on a few bmw's before but never black and i've heard/read the horror stories:doh:

thanks!

VIP Reflections
05-19-2011, 10:14 AM
It is pretty hard to give a suggestion on what to use without knowing the condition of the paint.

C. Charles Hahn
05-19-2011, 10:25 AM
There's no question jet black BMW paint is very finicky; I worked a little bit on one Tuesday night with Menzerna stuff and have another coming up on Saturday which I'm going to be doing with a new compound/polish I have a lab sample beta of.... should be interesting to see how it reacts on this paint.

As VIP Reflections said, it's difficult to give you an exact recommendation without more information, pics, and/or ideally being there to see how things finish out.

dreamps
05-19-2011, 10:36 AM
yeah i saw the car but without claying/washing/stripping any lsp so i'm not sure how bad it is. i'm sure it has a decent amount of swirls. i didn't see any major scratches but who knows. i'm hoping there are no holograms!