PDA

View Full Version : APC Question

Pages : [1] 2

Bodezafa
05-18-2011, 11:40 PM
I see a lot of people use Megs APC. What do you guys think about Simple Green?

maximus20895
05-18-2011, 11:43 PM
APC+ is good so is Optimum Power Clean. I would not use Simple Green :)

Rei86
05-18-2011, 11:54 PM
I hear APC + isn't safe for paint, same for Simple green.

OPC however is.

rvx290
05-18-2011, 11:57 PM
I have no problem with simple green, other than the smell, cant stand it, but thats just me.

john b
05-19-2011, 12:31 AM
APC+ is good so is Optimum Power Clean. I would not use Simple Green :)

for sure-you could also look at zep citrus at hd:dblthumb2:

slickooz
05-19-2011, 12:37 AM
Is zep citrus safe on paint, when mixed with soap for foam cannon? I read on label that it should not be used on auto paint.

john b
05-19-2011, 01:00 AM
that i dont know -richy would probably know

roguish-desires
05-19-2011, 01:17 AM
I didn't have good luck with simple green as in it wasn't as effective as P21 TAW or OPC.

Just my opinion of course!

:cheers:

FUNX650
05-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Is zep citrus safe on paint, when mixed with soap for foam cannon? I read on label that it should not be used on auto paint.

Zep Citrus Description:
http://www.axelmedicalsupplies.com/foundations/store/shopdetail.asp?product=AX317

Zep Citrus MSDS:
http://webfiles.acuitysp.com/MSDS/0455_1_EN1_USA.PDF

Just some info to be used at your discretion.

FUNX650
05-19-2011, 01:48 AM
I see a lot of people use Megs APC. What do you guys think about Simple Green?

For MSDS for Simple Green APC:

[Go to simplegreen.com= home page---at bottom left corner, click on MSDS icon]

I don't use Simple Green APC for any vehicle applications!

dreamps
05-19-2011, 08:47 AM
check the power clean thread. it is said in there that you can use apc+ on pain at 64:1 ratio

DARK HORSE
05-19-2011, 08:57 AM
I hear APC + isn't safe for paint, same for Simple green.

OPC however is.

Although I've never used Megs APC+ to strip paint according to Mike Phillips and Jason Rose it is safe to do so. Here is an excerpt from an email from Mike about a year or two ago. This is a quote from Mike;

I don't know the dilution levels for other APC's only Meguiar's as I had to get this from Jason Rose accuracy reasons... You can use either APC or APC+ to remove or strip car waxes and paint sealants from your car's paint. This is technically for what's called de-waxing but the same principals apply to removing any unwanted film or residual polishing oils off the surface for inspection.

64:1 for a regular car wax type products
20:1 for hi-tech polymer type products

It's also recommended to chemically strip paint before damp-sanding to insure not chemicals sand off and load-up or contaminate your paper or discs.

It's a good idea to test any product on any coating if you've never worked on it before and you're unfamiliar with it.

Maybe this will help to clear up some of the confusion of; "Is megs paint safe or not"? Hope this helps someone...

As with any APC, just be sure to never:
-use in direct sunlight
-on a hot surface
-or let dry on paint surface

dreamps
05-19-2011, 08:59 AM
^^^ yup there ya go:)

SeaJay's
05-19-2011, 09:36 AM
I use simple green sometimes. Usually mixed with soap in my wheel wash bucket. Never had any issues with it.

richy
05-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Yes, Zep Citrus is safe for paint. I've been using it for a few years with no problems. Just don't do something stupid like spraying it on dry paint on a black car in 100° weather and then blame the APC!! Use it 4:1 and it is great for wheels, paint. I spray it on the front if I have bugs to get off, let it dwell and powerwash off. I also add an ounce or so to my foam cannon for stripping paint. It produces the same kind of foam as without it (I use DG 901 in there normally).
I was told about this product a few years ago from some people I trust. I went to buy it and saw the label warning against using it on paint. I refrained from buying it and checked back with them (thought it might have been a different formula for sale in Canada). They said to use it anyway. I bought it, used it and have gone through about 15 gallons since I would estimate. Never a problem.