PDA

View Full Version : Ultima UTTG Application

bigdeal
05-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Based upon member recommendations here, I purchased a bottle of Ultima UTTG, and received it today. Thanks Nick!

Here's my question. I applied it to the wiper cowl on my wife's Nissan Pathfinder tonight. I'd detailed her car over the weekend, so all I had to do was a quick wipe down of the cowl with APC to get any dirt/grime off that had accumulated in the past couple days. I tried to follow some of the tips I read about out here regarding the application of UTTG (i.e. keep it thin, rub it in good, and buff it with a clean/dry cloth before its totally dry to even it out). Although the wiper cowl on this vehicle is very grayed, it appeared very blotchy after UTTG was applied. Rather than to go any further, I thought I'd stop and ask for suggestions on what I should have done, or what I maybe shouldn't have done.

This product seems to get terrific reviews out here, so I fear 'user error' :( is likely the problem here.

Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

poweraid
05-18-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm gonna say 2nd coat. I had to do this on my own wiper cowl . pretty well faded also .Looks great now . I did wait a few days to give it some time to dwell in . not sure if that is needs though

Dr Oldz
05-18-2011, 11:17 PM
I'd try a second coat and work it in really well, then wait to wipe any excess off for a while.

Josh@BR
05-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Hmmmm depending how long you waited between apc and uttg application the apc might not have fully dried or wasnt completely wiped away which could've affected the performance of the uttg. Apc can leave behind a residue once it dries. Once i go over anything with apc I have a dry towel to buff the panel dry and not let the panel air dry. Just a theory:)