PDA

View Full Version : Paint sealant question

Billy Baldone
05-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Is it ok to a layer of Wolfgang paint sealant down before my Do do bvlue velvet and then purple haze?
Thanks
Billy

Dr Oldz
05-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Is it ok to a layer of Wolfgang paint sealant down before my Do do bvlue velvet and then purple haze?
Thanks

Billy

Yes! Just make sure you wait 12 hours for the sealant to fully cure before putting the Dodo on. Also I'm pretty sure Dodo says to wait 12 hours before coats also.

Billy Baldone
05-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Why thank you kind sir,One other question i am polishing with Megs 205,would it benefit me at all to follow that with Menzerna Nano polish or am i just wasting it?
Thanks
billy

Dr Oldz
05-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Why thank you kind sir,One other question i am polishing with Megs 205,would it benefit me at all to follow that with Menzerna Nano polish or am i just wasting it?
Thanks
billy
I would say 205 then menz 85rd. Depends oh how much time you want to spend and the color! 85rd really glosses up dark paints. But 205 also finishes pretty nicely. Try a spot with the Nano after you use the 205 and see if it is worth doing. Nano has a little less cut that 205 but finishes a bit better in my opinion so maybe Nano will work for you instead of 205. Test spots are the real key for you to view and decide on what you want as I can only offer my opinions and general guide lines. Hope this helps!

Billy Baldone
05-18-2011, 07:03 PM
The car is black.I am using the 205 for very minor correction,and was hoping that by following with nano,then the do do juice wax's, it would really pop.Could someone please tell me how to post pics.

Dr Oldz
05-18-2011, 08:13 PM
I would try a test spot with both then see what one works better for you! the link below will show you how to post pics.

How-to work with pictures on discussion forums (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles-discussion-forums/21320-how-work-pictures-discussion-forums.html)

:Picture:

Mike Phillips
08-31-2015, 08:51 AM
I would try a test spot with both then see what one works better for you! the link below will show you how to post pics.

How-to work with pictures on discussion forums (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles-discussion-forums/21320-how-work-pictures-discussion-forums.html)

Thanks for sharing that Dr. Oldz.... I was looking for that article myself just last week.

:xyxthumbs:

Dr Oldz
08-31-2015, 04:15 PM
Glad I can help, Mike!! Even if it's four years later!!

Coopers ST
08-31-2015, 07:11 PM
Is this going on the Miata Billy?