PDA

View Full Version : Best pad for waxing a boat

malibuboats91
05-18-2011, 06:31 PM
I have a 2008 Malibu response lxi that I wax every year before we take it up to the lake. I typically wax it by hand but I bought the gg polisher and was wondering if I can use that? I have a LC hydro pad that's the red. Will that work or what should I use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfections
05-18-2011, 07:43 PM
I have a 2008 Malibu response lxi that I wax every year before we take it up to the lake. I typically wax it by hand but I bought the gg polisher and was wondering if I can use that? I have a LC hydro pad that's the red. Will that work or what should I use?

The griots will wax a boat great using a 6.5 or 5.5" pad and the red pad will use very little product so it's usually my go to pad for waxing anything, boat, car, rv whatever, if your only waxing once a year though I'd get some type of cleaner/polish and hit it up first with that then wax, atleast on the sides, usually on the haul I just use a cleaner wax like Meg's marine line cleaner wax, easy on & off

malibuboats91
05-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Alright sounds good. Would those be available at typical dealers that sell Megs marine products? Right now i have only used Megs flag ship on it. I did my jet ski by hand last weekend and noticed water spots on it which I plan to correct next year. Thanks for the help!

Perfections
05-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Alright sounds good. Would those be available at typical dealers that sell Megs marine products? Right now i have only used Megs flag ship on it. I did my jet ski by hand last weekend and noticed water spots on it which I plan to correct next year. Thanks for the help!

Actually if you have access to flagship that's even better, usually if I have em I'll go flagship cleaner wax on the haul then cleaner wax on the sides/top followed by their straight wax

fredcandetail
05-19-2011, 08:49 AM
If your going to be tackling water spots you will need at the least a polishing pad

dreamps
05-19-2011, 08:51 AM
i use the flagship cleaner wax and then the flagship wax on my stingray and it looks great afterwards. i use a pcxp and a blue 6.5 pad for the wax and use a black or white pad for the cleaner wax

malibuboats91
05-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Now I am new to using the GG polisher. Do you guys do the 2 x 2 squares or just go along applying wax?

dreamps
05-19-2011, 10:37 AM
applying wax you can walk around the whole boat:)

Perfections
05-19-2011, 12:33 PM
applying wax you can walk around the whole boat:)

Yeppers