PDA

View Full Version : Spotless Water !

IID
05-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Has anyone tried one of these:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2155_105920637
Deluxe Clean Water Filter Kit, 2 step water filter system, water filter for car washing, inline hose filter (http://www.autogeek.net/deluxe-filter-system.html)

Does it work as advertised?
How many washes can you get out of the initial kit (with hard/r water)??

Mobile detail
05-24-2011, 01:05 AM
I have the single filter set up and it works pretty well. It won't make the water dry totally spot free but it does help. I have extremely hard water where I live so bad that it rusts the silverware in the dishwasher. PM me and I can give you some info on this specific kit.

courtdale
12-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Bump and a question since I just grabbed the single cannister kit. I guess I only get one canister but both filters and have to choose the one I want to use? If so, would I be right in assuming that the water softening cartridge should get priority? Sediment really isn't my issue, it's the dissolved contaminents that I need dealt with down here.

2nd, assuming the water softening filter gets priority, how much would adding the sediment filter setup to the system improve overall performance? Ist it something I should go out of my way to get down the road, or would I only see a marginal gain over just using the softener. Can't wait to test this out. Regardless of how well it performs, antyhing will be an improvement conisdering my spotting.

Mustang81
01-13-2012, 11:09 AM
I've been looking at these too! Does anybody know answers to courtdale's questions about the sediment filter setup?

08 300C
01-13-2012, 11:58 AM
I bought it about 2 years ago and it worked great but about the same time our city changed water sources, now our water is way softer and I rarely hook up the filter set any more. Its a good investment if you have hard water, I would recommend a TDS Meter first to see how bad your water is before and then again after the filters. Don't forget you do have to maintain the one cartridge.