PDA

View Full Version : my first photo post... BEADING!

thedirtyshow
05-18-2011, 11:48 AM
first i'd like to start off by thanking everyone who helped me along. i'd aslo like to thank everyone who posted and gave me inspiration to detail.

i just started detailing and am starting a side hustle because #1 I love cars, and #2 i need more $$$. i started last week after my orders from AG arrived. so far i have "detailed" 2 cars besides my own one was a NEGLECTED interior shampoo that took 4 hours and the other a wash&wax and vac. nothing exciting. so this week i had 3 cars lined up, but i keeps looking like rain so i get 3 rainchecks. so before work monday i decide to clean my car and top with KAIO, tuesday no rain again so i layer the KAIO with Colli 845. looks super shiny. impressed yes, overwhelmed no. Wednesday RAIN!!! now i'm impressed...

Products and equipment Used

(3) 5 gallon buckets (one bucket for wheels only)
2 gritguards
Megs Gold Class
Megs APC+
EagleOne A2Z all wheel cleaner
EZ detail brush
various wheel and tire brushes
EagleOne tire gel
ONR Wash and Shine
Cobra Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt
LC Foam Wash Sponge
leaf blower
1! Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloths 16" x 16"
Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay
ONR (as lube)
GG 6 DA
5" backing plate (the one that came with the Meg's MF kit)
5.5" flat black pad
Klasse AIO
Colli 845

Process

cleaned the wheels, rims and wheel wells.
washed the car using a 3 bucket method (2bm + 1 bucket for wheels). i am still getting used to the 2BM i didn't rise in the rinse bucket each time probaly 60% i did.
dried with a leaf blower and 1 16x16 microfiber
used my GG6 (for the first time!) and black pad to apply KAIO.
wiped off and went to work. NO PICS.
fast foward to next morning about 20 hours later and applied a THIN layer of collinite 845.
buffed off and went to work. NO PICS.
wake up this morning and saw this:
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/thedirtyshow/auto%20detailing/100_0742.jpg

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/thedirtyshow/auto%20detailing/100_0740.jpg

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/thedirtyshow/auto%20detailing/100_0738.jpg

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/thedirtyshow/auto%20detailing/100_0741.jpg

i am hooked on KAIO and colli 845, thanks guys!

Coming soon:
08 Honda Pilot with stealership induced holograms vs. the megs MF System.

Bunky
05-18-2011, 11:55 AM
i am hooked on KAIO and colli 845, thanks guys!

It is nice to be happy about your work. Try some other glazes and waxes/sealants you may find you could be happier.

CEE DOG
05-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Very nice - Thank you for posting the beading shots :props:

BobbyG
05-18-2011, 12:08 PM
This is a great post!

Everything is clear, concise and an easy read. The photos show exactly what the originator intends and are nice and clear.

Very nice documentation and use of some great products!!

Awesome post! :props:

02accordSE
05-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Thats amazing for a black honda accord. Those cars are known for bad clear coats. I have a white one and the clear coat isn't the best, but i have done my best to bring it back.

tw33k2514
05-18-2011, 07:19 PM
You did a nice job. Don't you love when your hard work pays off? I sure do.

thedirtyshow
05-18-2011, 08:19 PM
It is nice to be happy about your work. Try some other glazes and waxes/sealants you may find you could be happier.

Feels good to see results. do you have any suggestions. i got Pinnacle Liquid Souverän as a sample with my order. and i have megs 301 that came with my kit.

Very nice - Thank you for posting the beading shots :props:

cee dog. thank you for posting skybaby, keep her looking good. with pontiac and saturn gone those will be collectors items. and to think, i used to hate rainy days.

This is a great post!

Everything is clear, concise and an easy read. The photos show exactly what the originator intends and are nice and clear.

Very nice documentation and use of some great products!!

Awesome post! :props:

BobbyG thanks: that means alot coming from you. you guys taught me well.

Thats amazing for a black honda accord. Those cars are known for bad clear coats. I have a white one and the clear coat isn't the best, but i have done my best to bring it back.

nope clear is cool. can't wait to correct the paint, looking for suggestions. i have a '99 NHPB, i thought the trans was slipping but the stealership told me it was motor mounts. do you visit 6genaccord? stop by, younger crowd than here but they are cool like these guys.

You did a nice job. Don't you love when your hard work pays off? I sure do.

thanks. yes i love to see the fruit of my labor. the bible says you reap what you sow.

02accordSE
05-19-2011, 07:09 AM
nope clear is cool. can't wait to correct the paint, looking for suggestions. i have a '99 NHPB, i thought the trans was slipping but the stealership told me it was motor mounts. do you visit 6genaccord? stop by, younger crowd than here but they are cool like these guys.

Ya i'm on 6thgenaccord and driveaccord.net. Nice people on both sites. 6thgen is more for modding and what not. Even though I'm 18 I'm more of a stock look kinda guy.

Mike Phillips
05-19-2011, 07:53 AM
first i'd like to start off by thanking everyone who helped me along. i'd aslo like to thank everyone who posted and gave me inspiration to detail.

A great forum is made up of great members helping others out... never talking down to people or demeaning them in any way and posting actual tips and techniques that will someone to be successful in their garage, that is what AutogeekOnline is all about.

i just started detailing and am starting a side hustle because#1 I love cars, and #2 i need more $$$.

Two great reasons that play well off each other...

Can't wait to see and read how the Pilot turns out.

:dblthumb2:

Kleakak
05-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Isn't it addicting? I am up in Ny and we have had horrible weather lately, I keep going outside to clean my truck. After it rains the pollen sucks to the paint. Pollen has been a huge problem the past two weeks.

I just started using the two bucket method myself and wow how dirty does the rinse bucket get!!!

Your car looks great. I am a big fan o collinite. It is made in my old home town. Have fun

Flash Gordon
05-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Tight :dblthumb2: