PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys Carnuba Blue Polish prior to Collinite 845?

05RLS2
05-18-2011, 12:59 AM
I just wanted to get some thoughts and opinions from everyone, but do you all see any reason that applying Poorboys Carnuba Blue Polish before Collonite 845 could affect the durabiluty of 845?

Poorboy’s Polish with Carnauba (BLUE): A Quality Poorboy Polish & Protectant For Dark Paints! poorboys blue polish, dark polish, car polish, clear (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-polish-blue.html)

Since 845 is sort a carnuba it doesn't seem like there should be any compatibility problems, but I am sure there are others out there that are more knowledgeable about these two products

john b
05-18-2011, 01:50 AM
i would flip that arouni think 845 has some cleaners in it and pb would be more of a carnuba wax-with 845 on top it probably would comprimize it a little,imo

tuscarora dave
05-18-2011, 04:02 AM
I agree with john b here, PWC Blue has fillers in it that would remain in the swirl marks (if there are any) and would act somewhat as a barrier to the maximum bonding potential of the #845, however #845 even slightly compromised will likely be more durable than most waxes so If you wax your car every few months at a minimum it shouldn't be an issue.

poweraid
05-18-2011, 04:19 AM
I have not seen any info that 845 has cleaners in it .

tuscarora dave
05-18-2011, 04:26 AM
I think the fact that it smells stronger than jet fuel leads people to believe this. I couldn't say either way.

poweraid
05-18-2011, 05:19 AM
r u interested in pb blue due to fact it has dome filler properties and is good for darker colors? and then wanna top with 845 for it's durability ? maybe u be interested in pb black hole glaze then top with 845. this is what I use .

poweraid
05-18-2011, 05:24 AM
r u interested in pb blue due to fact it has dome filler properties and is good for darker colors? and then wanna top with 845 for it's durability ? maybe u be interested in pb black hole glaze then top with 845. this is what I use .
well I'll be trying this very soon anyways.

BobbyG
05-18-2011, 06:12 AM
well I'll be trying this very soon anyways.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this...:props:

poweraid
05-18-2011, 06:18 AM
this coming weekend bobby . full correction due on my truck. I gotta get this done .

05RLS2
05-19-2011, 02:10 AM
I always thought that 845 was a pure wax, containing no fillers

Yes, mainly becuase it is designed for darker vehicles. I have tried PBs Black Hole before, wasn't too impressed with it. Didn't really add the dept that many seem to say it adds

James K
05-19-2011, 11:23 AM
As far as I know it has no fillers or cleaners.

embolism
05-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Yes, mainly becuase it is designed for darker vehicles. I have tried PBs Black Hole before, wasn't too impressed with it. Didn't really add the dept that many seem to say it adds

did you try what Dave does? Apply it, let it haze but don't wipe it off. Instead, just top with wax like Natty blue, let that haze, then wipe everything off together?

Haven't tried it yet but it's on the checklist...