PDA

View Full Version : Need help with factory aluminum boat paint?

Jeffrey
05-17-2011, 11:14 PM
I have a 2007 17' XPRESS BOAT with two tone paint. The paint is high gloss acrylathene enamel that is placed into a large like oven that heats and cures the paint. Should I treat this as a automobile or marine paint? The paint is in good shape always kept inside. I do have a few scratches and scuffs from boat launches. I tried by hand to get them out with no luck.
I have a new PC 7424XP but don't know about this type paint or chemicals to use. I could use some help with this.

Elite Pro
05-18-2011, 02:12 AM
:Picture:

Not sure man, what polishes/pads do you have? Shouldn't be a problem with the PC, but I would definitely do a test spot most likely starting with something like Optimum Hyper Polish Spray & white pad or M205 & white pad

What products/techniques did you use by hand to try to get the 'scratches & scuffs out?'

Jeffrey
05-18-2011, 06:41 AM
I used Pinnacle clay, klasse AIO, Klasse gloss sealant glaze and Pinnacle Souveran wax.
I have orange, white, gray, blue, and red pads in 4", 5.5", 6.5", Pinnacle XMT 1,2,3,4, Collinite 845 and Meguires DA Microfiber Correction system.

I am going to order some more products this week, I would really like someone to recommend some good products to have on hand. I have the boat, a white 2002 Nissan Maxima, a white 2000 Toyota Tacoma, and my BLACK 2006 CHEVY Z71. I'm saving it for last, so i will know more about what I am doing.

Jeffrey
05-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Think I will start this project over the weekend.

Jeffrey
05-18-2011, 11:52 PM
bump