PDA

View Full Version : Interior: LGM or floor model carpet extractor

ScubaCougr
05-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Wondering if anyone uses a household-floor style carpet cleaner/extractor (ie: Hoover/Bissel) to clean/extract carpets & seats?

Thinking one of these for $35-30 more than a LGM would have more power, larger tanks, better extraction. But would look pretty dorky pulling it out of my mobile detailing rig. Starting out, I don't have the hundreds of dollars for a pro model.

Thoughts from the 'been there' crowd?

oldmodman
05-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I have both of them and all I use the LGM for is cleaning up after barfing cats. The big upright model works just fine for dirty cars. Just remember that it will take longer to extract the moisture from seat and carpet. You may have to keep a vehicle until the next day to really dry the interior. I use a couple of box fans inside the interior to really keep the air circulating.

V3AutoDetailing
05-17-2011, 07:22 PM
My LGM lasted about a year, The only benifit from the machine was it warmed the water slightly. I would save you money.
The cord is only a few feet long, making it a pain to get around things inside of a car.
With a shop vac, you can get the same results. Take your first details and put the money aside for a good machine.