PDA

View Full Version : sheepskin or microfiber

Pages : [1] 2

tasdisr
03-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Just looking for some feedback. I am going to order a foamaster and a new washmitt. Not sure if I should go with the Sheepskin & Mesh Wash Mitt or the Cobra microfiber wash mitt.

joe.p
03-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Just looking for some feedback. I am going to order a foamaster and a new washmitt. Not sure if I should go with the Sheepskin & Mesh Wash Mitt or the Cobra microfiber wash mitt.
100 % Sheepskin.com all the way. MF mitts wont release the dirt as easily when your using a 2 bucket method, there fore returning the dirt back to an already clean surface..

Miami_Sunset
03-04-2006, 04:37 PM
I use both. I bought a sheepskin mitt from sheepskin.com & it was the same quality as the sheepskin you get locally. :rolleyes:

White95Max
03-04-2006, 04:53 PM
I prefer sheepskin mitts.

joe.p
03-04-2006, 05:01 PM
I use both. I bought a sheepskin mitt from sheepskin.com & it was the same quality as the sheepskin you get locally. :rolleyes:
the mitt you bought localy probably wasn't thumbless?

5000XD
03-04-2006, 05:53 PM
I have a sheepskin mitt but to be honest I don't really like it, too much dirt gets in there and when washing my car it feels like I'm washing my car and the mitt. On my last order I got the Boar (hair) brush, bit expensive but it looks good. Havent received it yet though so can't give any feedback at this time.

Detail_Guy
03-05-2006, 09:49 AM
I have a sheepskin mitt but to be honest I don't really like it, too much dirt gets in there and when washing my car it feels like I'm washing my car and the mitt.

I also prefer a thick, soft sheepskin mitt.

Yes, you will get dirt in the mitt. (any mitt) However, if you are rinsing the mitt thoroughly after each panel, it shouldn't be an issue. The MF mitts I've tried so far don't rinse out well. I understand that some of the new ones rinse out better because of the construction... we'll see. :D

5000XD
03-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Don't get me wrong, mitts are oke, but washing car washing mitt washing mitt washing car....too much washing mitt in there :p

Hopefully the boar hair brush will clean up quicker....

Djmigs
03-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Well as long as you have two mitts one for paint only the other for tire etc...another thing is the two bucket method with grit guard....if that is your choice then i would go sheepskin for wash and mf for remove polish or wax...

Bluesbrekr
03-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Sheepskin is the only thing I'll use for washing....and the 2 bucket method.

pogo123
03-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Hey 5000XD, let us know how the boar hair brush works out when you get it. I've been using sheepskin but I really prefer brushes, although I've never used a really good one.. I just ordered a sea sponge from AG because I want to give that a try also.

BlkTac05
03-06-2006, 12:34 AM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! (lol)

joe.p
03-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Hey 5000XD, let us know how the boar hair brush works out when you get it. I've been using sheepskin but I really prefer brushes, although I've never used a really good one.. I just ordered a sea sponge from AG because I want to give that a try also.
You have to soak those very good to remove any sand that might be left in the sponge if you dont your not gonna be a happy camper..

MasterShineBoy
03-06-2006, 02:09 AM
Sheepskin for sure, mf doesn't have enough pile to make me feel secure on a black car. Do any of you use sea sponges and how do you like them??

5000XD
03-06-2006, 05:54 AM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! (lol)

Man, is that what the Boar hair brush sounds like? :D

By the way, not to thread jack but I do not like to use buckets. I use a hose.....