PDA

View Full Version : OCW & Opti-Seal

RandyD
05-17-2011, 04:20 PM
I currently have a different sealant on my car. From now on I plan on using only optimum products. Today, I washed the car with ONR and then put OCW on top of the old sealant (sealant was put on two weeks ago). Questions:

-Can Opti-Seal go on top of OCW?

-Does it ever pay to put on a second coat of OCW?

Thanks

silverfox
05-17-2011, 04:48 PM
If I had to choose one company for my care care needs I'd go with Optimum as well. Dr G is an amazing pioneer and knows paint and how to maintain and enhance it. I don't think however that topping a wax classically with a sealant makes sense but optimum products are designed to work together. I'd post on the optimum forum.

james_death
05-17-2011, 04:58 PM
opti seal will actually move to sit below the wax as optimum have said themselves, personally I lay down the optiseal and if I feel like it I may lay the ocw over that.
I don't put optiseal over wax.

Chris Thomas
05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
As mentioned, traditionally sealant goes before wax. But, Opti Seal will migrate under the wax and then allow the wax to re-adhere to the surface. All Optimum products play nice.

james_death
05-18-2011, 06:01 AM
As mentioned, traditionally sealant goes before wax. But, Opti Seal will migrate under the wax and then allow the wax to re-adhere to the surface. All Optimum products play nice.

Which is Nice...:dblthumb2: