PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz total cure time- notice !

Pages : [1] 2

Avi@CarPro
05-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi Guys

since im not writing anymore in DB forum , i want to inform this here
some vicious rumors try to say that cquartz has long curing time until its fully dry , and try to bash the cquartz coat.
i want to make something clear about it .:

after 1 hour you have finished wiping the coat its ready to go !! no need to wait longer , you can drive in the rain without any problems , we only say dont soap wash the car for 7 days(and still its precaution step) , during first days rinsing the car with water is OK , it doesnt mean its not cure, we only want to make sure the alkaline detergent used in shampoos wont affect the hydrophobic property.
if customer want to wash the car after 1 hour(3 hours in winter) he will only need to use water for the first days.

i hope this clear things up.!
Avi

Elite Pro
05-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Thanks Avi,

Some customers act like they can't wait 7 days to wash without shampoo, for them, 1 hour after final wipe, can I apply Reload to protect the hydrophobic property in case they decide to wash before 7 days?

Thank You

Avi@CarPro
05-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Yes ofcourse!!
reload after 1 hour cquartz will help with acid rain , or harsh water marks.

BobbyG
05-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks Avi, :props:

I'd like to try this product and it seems to be pretty amazing to say the least!

Any information will only help my decision...

maluminas
05-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks Avi! I was thinking of applying it to my step-father's new Rav4.

I love this forum, the experts who actually work on creating the products are right here to help us!

ScottB
05-17-2011, 07:09 PM
nice to note ...

supercharged
05-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks, Avi...I recently applied a coat of Cquartz on my dd, and it rained 8 hours later and I was worried that it will affect it's durability...I guess not...

sohail99
07-18-2011, 01:53 AM
I Cquartz-ed my android device over the weekend and it been 36 Hrs and I haven't touched it since then!

Cuz I will be touching it often, I want to ensure everything is set before I start operating it!

Full cure time is 48hrs on cquartz website. Since touchscreen application was never intended as a use, after how long can I operate my touchscreen device again?(odd question lol I know :p)

Reason I tried this is, that I needed a test subject before proceeding to do my car! And CQ went on and came off like a breeze!!! :D
I had prepared the gorilla glass screen with multiple hits of sonax glass cleaner and 50/50 IPA/water, before going forward with the coating!

The screen seems shinier and more glossy now lol! :D

Avi@CarPro
07-18-2011, 06:25 AM
if 48 hours passed , its more then enough ,
you can do or operate it anyway you want.

Avi

sohail99
07-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Not cured yet! Still 6 hrs remaining!

but I can already notice the great qualities!! Touch sensitivity is unaffected, which is great! Gloss and reflections are amazing!!

Any pointers as to when can I put a 2nd coat on there?

HeavyMetal
07-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Thanks Avi, :props:

I'd like to try this product and it seems to be pretty amazing to say the least!

Any information will only help my decision...

Bobby,

Def try it. I've been amazed by the performance. Now going on 2 months and after a wash, it looks like the day it was applied. The coating is EXTREMELY hydrophobic... "dirt -phobic" too! And bugs wipe right off with a little QD or Avi's pref dilute IPA (I use about 20%). Be sure you do the plastic trim. I did it on my wife's Lexus and it still looks like I just put a good dressing like UTTG on it. Only thing "special" I do to maintain is a few spritzes of ReLoad once a month after a wash . You'll like washing it too. Water just runs off. You can use Rinseless and although Aiv's not a fan of mixing in the rinsless polymers, I've had no prob. Richy says no prob either. Typically I do a rinseless and then once a month when I'm gonna ReLoad or if it's too dirty for rinseless I do my modifed "rinseless" wash - panel-by-panel wash with GC, quick rinse with mf's soak in distilled, dry.

JUst be aware that CQ is not compatible with some of the clear bras out there. The Lexus has an XPel bra on it. Per Avi's advice, I tested an inconspicuous area under the side mirror and the CQ did fog it. Mostly went away a few days later. I maintain the bra with ReLoad. Works fine. Hoping at some point that Avi can mod the carrier solvent to be comaptible with all clear bras.

dougaross
07-18-2011, 07:16 AM
I Cquartz-ed my android device over the weekend and it been 36 Hrs and I haven't touched it since then!

Cuz I will be touching it often, I want to ensure everything is set before I start operating it!

Full cure time is 48hrs on cquartz website. Since touchscreen application was never intended as a use, after how long can I operate my touchscreen device again?(odd question lol I know :p)

Reason I tried this is, that I needed a test subject before proceeding to do my car! And CQ went on and came off like a breeze!!! :D
I had prepared the gorilla glass screen with multiple hits of sonax glass cleaner and 50/50 IPA/water, before going forward with the coating!

The screen seems shinier and more glossy now lol! :D
Will CQ prevent radiation from affecting my brain? Mybe it already has

Twister
07-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Bobby,

Def try it. I've been amazed by the performance. Now going on 2 months and after a wash, it looks like the day it was applied. The coating is EXTREMELY hydrophobic... "dirt -phobic" too! And bugs wipe right off with a little QD or Avi's pref dilute IPA (I use about 20%). Be sure you do the plastic trim. I did it on my wife's Lexus and it still looks like I just put a good dressing like UTTG on it. Only thing "special" I do to maintain is a few spritzes of ReLoad once a month after a wash . You'll like washing it too. Water just runs off. You can use Rinseless and although Aiv's not a fan of mixing in the rinsless polymers, I've had no prob. Richy says no prob either. Typically I do a rinseless and then once a month when I'm gonna ReLoad or if it's too dirty for rinseless I do my modifed "rinseless" wash - panel-by-panel wash with GC, quick rinse with mf's soak in distilled, dry.

JUst be aware that CQ is not compatible with some of the clear bras out there. The Lexus has an XPel bra on it. Per Avi's advice, I tested an inconspicuous area under the side mirror and the CQ did fog it. Mostly went away a few days later. I maintain the bra with ReLoad. Works fine. Hoping at some point that Avi can mod the carrier solvent to be comaptible with all clear bras.

I'm glad I saw your post because all my cars have Xpel except for the TA.

richy
07-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Will CQ prevent radiation from affecting my brain? Mybe it already has

I think you've answered your own question, :laughing::righton::poke:

DetailedByPrecision
07-18-2011, 08:35 PM
thanks for clearing it up. i will remember this.