PDA

View Full Version : cure time for duragloss 111 ?

john b
05-17-2011, 01:30 AM
what is the cure time for this product

richy
05-17-2011, 07:30 AM
what is the cure time for this product

John, as long as it's not put on too thickly, you can remove it in about 15 minutes or so. How you will know it's ready is to swipe your finger across the treated surface and see if it wipes off dry. If it does, you're good to go. If it feels tacky, wait a bit longer and swipe again. As a rule of thumb, as you go around the car applying it, by the time you're done, you're usually ready to start removing it. I use the 601 with it which makes it flash cure and you can remove it right away. You can mix both products (the amount you're going to use) at a 4:1 ratio. (4 parts 111/1 part 601) which allows you immediate removal.

TornadoRed
05-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Richy,
After you wipe it off, how long is the cure time before you add another coat? I was thinking 8 to 12 hours or 2 to 3 hours with 601.

richy
05-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Richy,
After you wipe it off, how long is the cure time before you add another coat? I was thinking 8 to 12 hours or 2 to 3 hours with 601.

If you use the 601, you can top it immediately. Look up the detail I did on the 2006 Vette. I used my 1:4 601:501 combo on it and immediately topped it with Colli 845. The 601 flash cures the 501 so it can be topped right away. That's the main advantage for using it.

MI Mike
05-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Richy. You missed a step. Then you pull the vehicle into the sun, put your sun glasses (can of cold beer) and admire the sparkle and the shine left behind from your work.
The product is fantastic. One of the hidden gems. :iagree: Along with Collinite.

john b
05-17-2011, 02:54 PM
thanks richy.goin to try more duragloss products this year

richy
05-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Richy. You missed a step. Then you pull the vehicle into the sun, put your sun glasses (can of cold beer) and admire the sparkle and the shine left behind from your work.
The product is fantastic. One of the hidden gems. :iagree: Along with Collinite.
Absolutely!!! Also, invite your hot neighbour over and have her bend over to check out her reflection...hmmmmmmm.

thanks richy.goin to try more duragloss products this year
John, you won't be disappointed. I was originally turned onto them by Sparkie and AL-53. Duragloss is run by some brilliant PHD chemists. They had their VOC compliant formulae in place over 10 years ago as they could see the writing on the wall...how's that for prepared??