PDA

View Full Version : Shining up some new rims

quantim0
01-08-2007, 06:30 PM
I am getting some new rims for my car from a friend. He isn't exactly a detailer, so the rims are going to need some TLC. They are in pretty good shape, but not up to the standards here. They are polished aluminum with a clear coat on the center section, but not on the lip. He says the lip has some minor pitting, but it can't be seen unless you are on the ground looking for it.

What would be a good plan of attack to get these things really shining and keeping them that way. I have some Klasse AIO that I think would be good for the cleared section, but I am unsure about the process. Thanks for any help.

abrcrombe
01-08-2007, 06:39 PM
AIO and a sealant would be a good start. DP wheel glaze is a favorite with many members. Although not really a sealant it helps protect your wheels. A real sealant might be in order for you if you are looking for maximum shine.
OT: I like the stock rims better :(

quantim0
01-08-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm going to see how they look on my car before I get them. That's the good part about them belonging to a friend.

ScottB
01-08-2007, 07:05 PM
centers need to be treated like paint. Lip and barrels are easily cleaned with P21S Polishing Soap and then a good metal polish to brighten them up !!