PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Griot's Best in Show wax?

trencher7
05-16-2011, 10:25 AM
I tried Best in Show wax out the other day and used an Auto Glym foam hand pad to apply. I found it dried and hazed way too fast. It was drying as I was applying. Has anyone else had this experience? I realize I put it on too thick as it was also a bear to remove. I think the Auto Glym pad is better for paste waxes than liquid waxes after my experience. That could be my problem. The shine is amazing however.

Nick McKees37
05-16-2011, 10:34 AM
1. Were you applying the wax in direct sun, and/or on a hot panel?

2. Did you clay/polish the paint prior to applying the wax?

trencher7
05-16-2011, 10:40 AM
It was not in direct sun. No claying or polishing recently. I had just done an ONR wash and it has been waxed 2 weeks prior. It was a warm day for sure which may have had something to do with it.

I need to polish my doors today so I will attempt to apply this again using Griot's method (DA with red pad using very little product).

BillyJack
05-16-2011, 11:13 AM
There was a thread on BOS last month:http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/34793-griot-s-best-show-opinion.html

Overall, opinions were very favorable, but THIN,THIN,THIN was stressed repeatedly.

Bill

trencher7
05-16-2011, 11:34 AM
There was a thread on BOS last month:http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/34793-griot-s-best-show-opinion.html

Overall, opinions were very favorable, but THIN,THIN,THIN was stressed repeatedly.

Bill

Thanks. I definitely didn't get that memo in time. I will try again.

Gunslinger
05-16-2011, 11:45 AM
I use Best of Show and love it...but as already stated...THIN, THIN, THIN! It's a waste of product and adds a lot of unnecessary effort to put it on thick.

I recently tried Richard Griot's hint to put a thin coat of BOS on, let it dry several hours, then repeat and let it dry over night. Then add one last thin coat and remove. I was very surprised how much better it looked then the usual great finish BOS leaves.

Use a good random orbital...you'll find the results with BOS (or any brand) will be superior and less effort.

jcodestang
05-16-2011, 01:05 PM
I use it and it works great. I used Groits red pad on their Random orbital to apply.

Still beads after 2 months, but it is about time for another coat.

BobbyG
05-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Interesting thread....

I have it and must say I didn't have much luck with it. I applied it with my doal action polisher and a blue pad and no matter what I tried it never seemed to dry enough, always tacky..

It sounds like I put it on too think but that's hard to do using a dual action polisher...

Maybe got a bad batch....