PDA

View Full Version : ReLoad over wax?

watermark
05-15-2011, 03:21 PM
I know that the directions for ReLoad state to use it on clean paint or over CQuartz. Has anyone tried it on waxed paint? Does it suffer from longevity if used on waxed paint, or does it just not play well with wax?

silverfox
05-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Polish off, or strip the wax off via any means you like before applying reload. Sealants should NEVER be applied over wax no matter what the sealant is.

One thing about Reload...its fantastic over a coating...either CQuartz or Opti-Coat....BUT its nasty, nasty stuff...you have to wear rubber gloves and eye protection, and if you have it...those paper face masks. You better have good ventilation...I'd do it outside if at all possible...but make sure you are not down-wind of this stuff. Its really irritates the mucous membranes and your eyes...and its a skin irritant...you sure don't want it on you.

One more thing...don't even think of applying it in the sun or a warm surface...its best applied on a cool surface. Seriously...in my view, this BETTER be the best thing since sliced bread because its not a product that in my view that I would want to mess with on a regular basis. Just my opinion.

ScottB
05-15-2011, 04:15 PM
I have used around 1/2 my bottle of Reload (original formula) on several finishes and found it disappointing. I swear I got a bottle of distilled water though it was sealed, from an outside vendor. No scent, no feel or slickness, and no better looks over Opti-coat (original version). It does leaving some streaking in direct sunlight so I suspect somethings in there.

I truly hope the newer version , offered thru Autogeek, is much better. To date I have found Megs Ultimate Detailer and FK425 to work best on Opti-coat (again original) best. I was really amped to find this product. I hear hints that Optimum might be planning on a booster or spray product for Opti-coat soon.

I dont think I would even use Reload over a nuba wax.

BobbyG
05-15-2011, 04:15 PM
John,

I've never used either of these products but they do sound like very serious paint protection products, about the most advanced I've ever seen...

Allot of great information!! :props:

sal329
05-15-2011, 04:22 PM
I have used ReLoad v2 2x so far once as a stand a lone the other over CG Jet Seal. I had some streaking but doing a final wipedown with a real short nap MF about 15 min after the inital buffing off cleared all streaks and left a great look. Durability to be determined.

Rsurfer
05-15-2011, 04:25 PM
I have used around 1/2 my bottle of Reload (original formula) on several finishes and found it disappointing. I swear I got a bottle of distilled water though it was sealed, from an outside vendor. No scent, no feel or slickness, and no better looks over Opti-coat (original version). It does leaving some streaking in direct sunlight so I suspect somethings in there.

I truly hope the newer version , offered thru Autogeek, is much better. To date I have found Megs Ultimate Detailer and FK425 to work best on Opti-coat (again original) best. I was really amped to find this product. I hear hints that Optimum might be planning on a booster or spray product for Opti-coat soon.

I dont think I would even use Reload over a nuba wax.
:iagree:unlike what silverfox is stating about the toxticity of Reload...I took no precaution and probably got some overspray on my hands and arms with no ill effects. Treated it like most spray sealants and wasn't aware that precaution was needed.

silverfox
05-15-2011, 05:32 PM
There seems to be a strange inconsistency between my experience with it and what others have found. That's troublesome because it suggests the product I used is not the same formula. I'm serious when I say the stuff I used was not something I would want to work with on a regular basis. I even diluted it 50% to make it tolerable. Putting Opti coat on was actually easier.