PDA

View Full Version : DGPS sample bottle question

flyinion
05-13-2011, 06:28 PM
The sample bottle that is available to order is 2oz. Assuming DA application, how big of a vehicle should that be good for? I'm thinking of adding it to my lineup of products used on my car which is a 350z, but I'd actually be first testing it on a family member's F150 with full size cab (i.e. 4 door) and paint fiberglass bed cover (standard length bed). I just want to make sure the 2oz size would be enough for one coating in this case? I'm guessing yes as the normal retail bottle is 8oz but just wanted to make sure first.

elk42
05-13-2011, 06:34 PM
if used sparingly, that sample bottle will be enough for a truck of that size. i used a bottle on my Pilot and had leftover product.

flyinion
05-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Ok thanks. I figured it was probably enough for the truck itself, but the painted lid over the bed I wasn't sure if that was going to be too much. I suppose I could do that part last or something. I guess I'm trying to avoid paying $40 in case I don't like the results, but maybe I should grab it anyway since my initial reason for looking at the DGPS was I was looking for something that would last a bit longer on their truck than my Pinnacle Signature II (which I plan to layer over it though).

jjkacz
05-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Just go ahead and get the $40 bottle - you won't regret it. I got 3 applications on a small SUV using the 2oz. sample. A little goes a long way once the 4in red pad I was using was primed with product. I think applying it with a DA is the way to go. Keep it thin to avoid dust when wiping it off. You will like the way it looks on silver. The durability is good and the slickness is top notch.

flyinion
05-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Just go ahead and get the $40 bottle - you won't regret it. I got 3 applications on a small SUV using the 2oz. sample. A little goes a long way once the 4in red pad I was using was primed with product. I think applying it with a DA is the way to go. Keep it thin to avoid dust when wiping it off. You will like the way it looks on silver. The durability is good and the slickness is top notch.

Cool thanks :) Yeah been looking to enhance my paint a bit so that's why I was thinking of adding it in. The Signature II is great, but hopefully with the DGPS under it, the car will be even better :) I was also interested in it for the shine ability for that black F150 :) (just realized I forgot to mention the truck was black)