PDA

View Full Version : Brush or mit. Favorites?

Luke
01-08-2007, 01:55 AM
I have always like brushes better than mits. My favorite is the Meguires Wide Body Brush. I use brushes for the tires, wheel wells, and wheels. I do not use a brush for leather or vinyl though, but I do for carpet and cloth seats. What do you guys use?

supercharged
01-08-2007, 06:34 AM
OXO Ergonomic wheel brush on wheels, OXO tire brush on tires. I'm very happy with OXO brushes (yes, rubber handle gives you ultimate grip wet or dry), and will advice them to anybody. I haven't tried any Meguiar's brushes.

ScottB
01-08-2007, 07:45 AM
no brushes for me ... Shmitt and Sheepskin or Chenille Mitts only.

jmillican
01-08-2007, 10:21 PM
BHB No. 1, Sheepskin No. 2, Schmitt No. 3

Luke
01-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Why no brushes for you killr?

MikeyC
01-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I use the ShMitt exclusively now for washing. It's nowhere near as expensive as a boar's hair brush and it doesn't fall apart like my sheepskins did. I do use a brush on my convertible top though and also on carpets.

Surfer
01-08-2007, 11:02 PM
I use brushes on my tires and carpet sometimes (I have rubber floormats throughout so hardly have to use anything on them). For the body only the Edge Shmitt now, I looked at those boars hair brushes and still not sure about washing with those lol, my cousins hunts wild boars and they sure as heck don't have soft bristles, quite prickly....and their attached to a pig with a serious attitude, scared the hell out of me lol.

The other day I washed one of the cars and kinda cringed when I saw my neighbor washing his C6 vert with some big mop thing that looked like one of those large floor duster/cleaner things that people use in stores to clean (aisles etc). Luckily the other neighbor with the C6 Z takes care of his car lol.

jmillican
01-08-2007, 11:12 PM
The BHB is very, very soft and rinses out much cleaner than does anything else.

Sergie
01-09-2007, 12:52 AM
I am hooked on Shmitt's and the 3 bucket system. One for tires, wheels, wheel wells. The the regular two bucket system for the rest of the car using the Shmitt and the scrape method - scrape off the grit on the top of the rinse bucket and let the wash run down on the outside. I average about 2 pieces of grit in the rinse bucket and zero in the suds bucket.