PDA

View Full Version : Sonus products

Pages : [1] 2 3

Luke
01-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Has anyone heard about the company called Sonus? :confused::confused::confused:

supercharged
01-08-2007, 03:37 AM
I heard of them, never tried anything out of that line. but for some reason it reminds me of Four Star.

ScottB
01-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Sonus products are from Autopia and designed to compete against our lines. I highly suggest Pinnacle, Poorboys, and even Four Star over them. To date only the Cockpit Cleaner has excited me, and Poorboys Natural Shine is a fine substitute with just a touch more gleem.

justin_murphy
01-08-2007, 08:21 AM
I've used some in the past and I would use the DP line over them. ALOT cheaper too.

Just my opinion and experience.

supercharged
01-08-2007, 08:52 AM
I never used anything from Sonus, but defenetely like all DP products. You will not be dissapointed with any of them. Same goes for Poorboy's.

MikeyC
01-08-2007, 09:37 AM
I've only used the Sonus microfiber wash. It worked as well as any other, but was more expensive than many of the other detergents.

Surfer
01-08-2007, 10:24 AM
The one product of theirs I always here good stuff on is their stuff for leather, some of their stuff seems to get mixed reviews like their polishes, motor coat etc. Their leather stuff though seems to be really good, and there was a recent thread where it seemed to be the only product that worked well on Porsche leather and maintained that "porsche smell", I'd use it in ours but our prepped 911 SC is stripped and has race seats and lives on the track, I could careless what the interior looks like lol.

So many good choices direct from AG along with the other lines AG carries so.....;)

former86camaro
01-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I have used it and this is my review and what I said at autopia. I threw half to ¾ bottle away instead of passing such a poor product on to others. It was hard to work on, Dusted badly, and was every part of a nightmare for ME to use. Others love it, but I would not recommend of even give away the bottles I was so upset with this product.

Summary HORROR
Reviewer's Comments
The entire SFX line has been a total waste of my funds. I would not recommend it to anyone out there. A true nightmare to use.
Above is my autopia review

ltoman
01-08-2007, 12:56 PM
With the great products and the variety here, why go for that stuff?

Luke
01-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Alright, thank you all for your help. I was just wonering, because I found their site, and from what I saw, they have a way bigger forum than AG does. Is this correct? So I thought that becuase they had a bigger forum and more people going to that site, that they would have some good products. I am definaly sticking with AG, but is there any other product line like Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and DP? I have not been able to find any, and I was just wondering because I would think that there would be A LOT more lines. Is Pinnacle one of the best in the world? Thank you all for all of your help.

Surfer
01-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Alright, thank you all for your help. I was just wonering, because I found their site, and from what I saw, they have a way bigger forum than AG does. Is this correct? So I thought that because they had a bigger forum and more people going to that site, that they would have some good products. I am definaly sticking with AG, but is there any other product line like Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and DP? I have not been able to find any, and I was just wondering because I would think that there would be A LOT more lines. Is Pinnacle one of the best in the world? Thank you all for all of your help.Autopia is really a forum on it's own, not really a Sonus forum (the owner David owns both). Autopia is just a massive forum for all things related to detailing and others, AG is as well, but AG and Detail City, Poorboys, Meguires etc are all more focused on their own products and ones they carry which is smart, they aren't looking to be on Autopias scale of members and size of the board.

CalgaryDetail
01-08-2007, 04:39 PM
There are a ton of lines out there.
Heck autogeek was more then just those 3. They carry a TON of product, just go to the product by brand.

http://www.autogeek.net/productlines.html

Also there are plently they dont carry, I could go on for hours

a few example would be

zymol
zaino
swissol
worlds best wax
the list goes on and on

MikeyC
01-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Alright, thank you all for your help. I was just wonering, because I found their site, and from what I saw, they have a way bigger forum than AG does. Is this correct? So I thought that becuase they had a bigger forum and more people going to that site, that they would have some good products. I am definaly sticking with AG, but is there any other product line like Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and DP? I have not been able to find any, and I was just wondering because I would think that there would be A LOT more lines. Is Pinnacle one of the best in the world? Thank you all for all of your help.

I think you'll find that even though Sonus is the "house brand" of the Autopia store that almost no one talks about Sonus products on the Autopia forums website.

Luke
01-08-2007, 10:19 PM
So is Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and DP some of the most highly rated brands?

CalgaryDetail
01-08-2007, 11:21 PM
So is Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and DP some of the most highly rated brands?

what do you mean by that?
do you mean that they are the best, or the most talked about?

Because i would have to say, they are not the most talked about on other forums, but they are talked about ALOT. as for the best, each line offers some great products and some alright products, you cant please anyone. But all those products are talked about and high quility.

As for products for you (since i know you are on the hunt), herhaps go look and see what AG offers, check out some of the other brands. Although there not PBMA made they still support AG and its store.