PDA

View Full Version : how to clean seats?

Pages : [1] 2

93fox
05-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Here is what happened, i am restoring my 93 mustang so the whole interior is completely stripped apart but the seats have a problem. at the body shop i used to work at, someone decided to be funny and peed on them while i had the seats out of the car. the seats set aside for quite some months and now they have a very nasty smell. here is the thing, i will be getting my seats redone with new fabric so i am not concerned about cleaning the fabric since it will get tossed out. BUT the odor is what is killing me right now, what should i use to kill the odor? the only thing that will be used again is the foam of the seats to do the new ones. so what is the best approach that i should take for the meanwhile to remove that nasty smell.
:dunno:

Kristopher1129
05-12-2011, 07:43 PM
You are probably going to want an enzyme cleaner. That will beakdown the odor.

embolism
05-12-2011, 07:50 PM
has anyone used so2pure for this?

I got it for cigarette odors but that's a far cry from pee pee

not cool man!

A.P.A.D.
05-12-2011, 07:50 PM
:laughing: Im sorry, but i busted out laughing when i read "someone decided to be funny and peed on them while i had the seats out of the car" :laughing:

good luck getting the smell out!:props:

93fox
05-12-2011, 08:01 PM
You are probably going to want an enzyme cleaner. That will beakdown the odor.
any specific cleaner that you recommend Kris?

93fox
05-12-2011, 08:02 PM
:laughing: Im sorry, but i busted out laughing when i read "someone decided to be funny and peed on them while i had the seats out of the car" :laughing:

good luck getting the smell out!:props:

yea not cool at all... now i have to deal with this stupid smell that even itches when i am near the damn car. :dig:

A.P.A.D.
05-12-2011, 08:07 PM
i was laughing, but at the same time it makes me mad that people dont respect other people's property, but to piss on it?! thats ignorant

good luck!

gatoman39
05-12-2011, 09:01 PM
yea not cool at all... now i have to deal with this stupid smell that even itches when i am near the damn car. :dig:
An enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle. That is used to remove cat urine ( very strong), and works really well. Can be had at any pet store.

93fox
05-12-2011, 09:16 PM
An enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle. That is used to remove cat urine ( very strong), and works really well. Can be had at any pet store.

Thanks for the tip! i sure will visit petco and see what i can buy! :thankyousign:

Kristopher1129
05-12-2011, 09:28 PM
any specific cleaner that you recommend Kris?

Well, I get Enzyme Cleaner from Malco. Yes, it's literally called Enzyme Cleaner, ha.

But, I did a search on AG and the DP carpet Pre-treatment has enzymes in it. You want something with enzymes cause that's what will breakdown organic stains and odors the best. So something like urine wouldn't stand a chance. But, I can't speak for how well the DP pre-treatment will work.

I did get a free bottle of DP pre-treatment with an order once before and I wasn't impressed with it. BUT, I did not use it on anything with an odor. So for you, it may work well.

gatoman39
05-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the tip! i sure will visit petco and see what i can buy! :thankyousign:
I honestly don't know what pee'd on your seats, but my hunch is it may not have been human. I have cats and cat piss is like nuclear waste. I've used it on rugs, tile,wood, and couches so it sould be fine to use on your seats. If natures miracle doesn't work, the next step is the soundtrack from Apocalypse Now follwed by napalm.

93fox
05-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Well, I get Enzyme Cleaner from Malco. Yes, it's literally called Enzyme Cleaner, ha.

But, I did a search on AG and the DP carpet Pre-treatment has enzymes in it. You want something with enzymes cause that's what will breakdown organic stains and odors the best. So something like urine wouldn't stand a chance. But, I can't speak for how well the DP pre-treatment will work.

I did get a free bottle of DP pre-treatment with an order once before and I wasn't impressed with it. BUT, I did not use it on anything with an odor. So for you, it may work well.

i think im going to go with Natures Miralce. its sold at pet stores and it does have enzymes and all other sorts of thing to clean and kill odor. if it can clean out pet droppings and pee im sure it will clean my seats. haha i hope so!

93fox
05-12-2011, 11:06 PM
I honestly don't know what pee'd on your seats, but my hunch is it may not have been human. I have cats and cat piss is like nuclear waste. I've used it on rugs, tile,wood, and couches so it sould be fine to use on your seats. If natures miracle doesn't work, the next step is the soundtrack from Apocalypse Now follwed by napalm.

well i later found out who it was and yes it was human pee. and it smells so nasty that it even itches the nose. pretty disgusting if you ask me, ima get a gallon and pour it all over the seats. if it dosent work, i will put the soundtrack from apocalypse and napalm them!:thankyousign:

gatoman39
05-12-2011, 11:11 PM
well i later found out who it was and yes it was human pee. and it smells so nasty that it even itches the nose. pretty disgusting if you ask me, ima get a gallon and pour it all over the seats. if it dosent work, i will put the soundtrack from apocalypse and napalm them!:thankyousign:
You don't need a gallon of it. I don't know how much of your seats it's on, but you defiantly don't need a gallon. I think a 16 or 32 oz spray bottle worth should do. It's pretty powerful stuff, it doesn't need to soak like Leatherique Rejuvinator Oil. It works more like APC.
Also, If someone pissed on my seats and I knew who it was, I'd be in jail for 1st degree murder.

93fox
05-12-2011, 11:18 PM
You don't need a gallon of it. I don't know how much of your seats it's on, but you defiantly don't need a gallon. I think a 16 or 32 oz spray bottle worth should do. It's pretty powerful stuff, it doesn't need to soak like Leatherique Rejuvinator Oil. It works more like APC.
Also, If someone pissed on my seats and I knew who it was, I'd be in jail for 1st degree murder.

yea i was eying the 32oz spray bottle. im sure spraying this all over both seats should be enough. im not all that concerned about cleaning the fabric since i will be getting them redone, but the odor is just horrible. buy hey, i feel the same way. i sure did feel like getting back at the fool who did it but i decided to just not waste my time. my time is too valuable to waste it on some low life moron. :dblthumb2: