PDA

View Full Version : wash and gloss technique

embolism
05-11-2011, 02:44 PM
So I've been playing with this stuff and it's got me puzzled. Works great and leaves a nice shine but hardly any suds and the dirt doesn't seem to want to come off whatever medium I'm using. I started with a MF caterpillar sponge then moved to MF's b/c I was worried rubbing all the stained areas onto my paint (there was no staining before I started). Car wasn't that dirty and I did spray it down with a hose first and afterwards (so it wasn't a true rinseless wash, I just wanted to try my new products).

Is using multiple wash media the way to go when using this product or can I safely rub say my caterpillar sponge against my grit guard in a rinse bucket and assume that the "dirty bits" are just stains, and not trapped dirt that I'll soon be rubbing all over my paint...

thx

James K
05-11-2011, 03:10 PM
I have not tried my MF mitt, but my grout sponges do stain when I use this as well. I just check them to make sure no dirt particles are present, and drive on.

embolism
05-11-2011, 03:58 PM
so you do use multiple sponges or just a separate one for lower panels?

During cleanup, once I hit the sponge with a stain remover like Resolve, the stains just release, it's uncanny...never seen anything like it

I've also seen Bill's nasty looking bone sponge that is just stained but that's after it has come out of the wash so it's probably dirt free. I'm worried about the stuff that's on there right while I'm washing...

James K
05-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I use 3 different grout sponges.