PDA

View Full Version : Spots people don't think to clean

Pages : [1] 2

jhallhall
05-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I was wondering if there are any certain spots that you guys clean that a lot of others do not. For example, if the car has a sun roof, i always open the sunroof and clean the paint, and rubber the sun roof rests on. Paying attention to these little areas that others normally do not usually makes a big impact on the car owner (even though they normally dont notice the little touches right away lol). So what are some things you guys do?

James K
05-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Behind the spokes of wheels. Dropping the tops on convertibles to clean the seals. Opening the trunk to clean the drip rails. So on and so on.

Midnight1700
05-11-2011, 12:15 PM
When doing the interior, I always make sure I clean the gas/brake/clutch/and E-brake peddles. This seems to be one area a lot of people miss. IMO, it really ruins a great looking interior detail when these items are not properly cleaned.

SeaJay's
05-11-2011, 12:25 PM
The normal stuff like vents, door jambs, behind the fuel door, trunks, the defroster vents on the dash, pedals, air vents that are under each seat. The list goes on...lol

StephenK
05-11-2011, 12:32 PM
something i have noticed people around me missing is the rear view mirror.

jhallhall
05-11-2011, 12:32 PM
I agree, cleaning the pedals tops off a great interior job

coreymg51
05-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Vanity mirrors. I can't count how many I've done cars that seem like they've never been done that's my 2 cents but like everyone says the lost gos on and on

CrownKote
05-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Something I have been doing that people don't seem to notice until they get in is the seat tracks! I clean them then hit them with a silicone spray lube then a dab of vasaline at the front of the slide on the seat and on the back too... Most of the time they notice because "the seat slides/moves so much smoother"

Also the jambs!

SeaJay's
05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Something I have been doing that people don't seem to notice until they get in is the seat tracks! I clean them then hit them with a silicone spray lube then a dab of vasaline at the front of the slide on the seat and on the back too... Most of the time they notice because "the seat slides/moves so much smoother"

Also the jambs!

I always clean the tracks but never did the silicone spray on them...pretty good idea...might have to give that one a try!

LegacyGT
05-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Top 1'' of the window. If you have a frame around the glass you need to roll it down to clean the very top.

bova80
05-11-2011, 12:53 PM
One place I've never cleaned but did yesterday was behind the license plate and boy was it dirty behind there. Had to hit it with some m105 and m205.

jhallhall
05-11-2011, 01:02 PM
One place I've never cleaned but did yesterday was behind the license plate and boy was it dirty behind there. Had to hit it with some m105 and m205.

Thats a great idea, i have never thought of cleaning behind the license plate :props:

CrownKote
05-11-2011, 01:06 PM
I always clean the tracks but never did the silicone spray on them...pretty good idea...might have to give that one a try! dont forget the vasaline that is an important thing!

Top 1'' of the window. If you have a frame around the glass you need to roll it down to clean the very top.
This is very true!

James K
05-11-2011, 01:16 PM

Agreed. I always take the license plate of before washing a vehicle. Keep a multi tip screwdriver in my bag just for that purpose.

Yellow06GT
05-11-2011, 01:24 PM
The license plate and frame. I take them off and wash and wax both.

The spare tire area. I make sure I clean out the well and give the tire a once over. It has never been used but you wouldn't believe how much dust and dirt gets in there every six months.