PDA

View Full Version : Premium Detailed - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 2009 Dodge Ram Severe Scratch and Swirl Mark Removal

Garry Dean
05-11-2011, 07:17 AM
This Ram had a deep scratch from hood to tail. I wetsanded the entire scratch as well as several others and did some swirl mark removal. Check out the video.

YouTube - 2009 Dodge Ram Severe scratch and swirl mark removal (http://youtu.be/1rZWn2d1aDc)

Thanks for watching!

Shawn T.
05-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Nice job! That scratch was a beast! :xyxthumbs:

Garry Dean
05-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Nice job! That scratch was a beast! :xyxthumbs:

You're telling me, lol. Yeah it was nasty. Thanks!

Fast Eddie
05-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Killer job on that truck and scratch Garry, I've enjoyed watching most of your video reviews and details!

Audi X2
05-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Looks great Garry, excellent work!

Would you mind sharing what compounds/polishes/pads and dressings that you used?

Garry Dean
05-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Looks great Garry, excellent work!

Would you mind sharing what compounds/polishes/pads and dressings that you used?

Thanks, Buddy. I used megs m105 and Orange Ccs 6.5" with my makita rotary to remove the sanding marks , menzerna power finish on Orange with my pcxp for swirl removal, and dressed under carrage with megs hyper dressing. The tires got a special secret mixture, lol. I used option-seal for sealant and ultima spray detailer plus to finish.

A.P.A.D.
05-11-2011, 01:20 PM
nice red color again! great job on the scratch.

nice to do some work in-shop instead of mobile for a change huh?

i bet that was a very happy owner.

i thought u always used a DA polisher to remove sanding marks, or is that just on smaller areas?

Garry Dean
05-11-2011, 01:37 PM
nice red color again! great job on the scratch.

nice to do some work in-shop instead of mobile for a change huh?

i bet that was a very happy owner.

i thought u always used a DA polisher to remove sanding marks, or is that just on smaller areas?

One can never tell what products or equipment I'm going to use from one detail to the next. I like to vary it a bit.

Garry Dean
05-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Killer job on that truck and scratch Garry, I've enjoyed watching most of your video reviews and details!

What do you mean youve enjoyed "most" of my videos? Were there some you did not enjoy?

kingofsorrow
05-12-2011, 03:33 PM
great work there garry. i've showed about 6 people the vid you did on the yellow sentra. they couldn't believe how you brought the paint back.

bevans
05-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Nice job, looked great

jhallhall
05-12-2011, 10:03 PM
great job. What was the scratch from... did someone key the car? Also, i'm intrigued by this "secret micture" for tire dressing lol