PDA

View Full Version : someone had a fix for broken E-Z Detail/Daytona brushes...can't find it!

builthatch
05-11-2011, 01:02 AM
i'm pretty sure it was on here. i don't know if it was a write-up or part of a thread for something else but i recall the dude having a viable fix for when these brushes inevitably break right at the handle.

any help would be great!

thanks.

Elite Pro
05-11-2011, 01:31 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/32868-daytona-speed-master-wheel-brush.html?highlight=broken+daytona

This the one?

LegacyGT
05-11-2011, 08:20 AM
If I remember correctly, drill out a dowel rod, and epoxy it in there.

BobbyG
05-11-2011, 08:37 AM
If I remember correctly, drill out a dowel rod, and epoxy it in there.

I don't remember the corrective action but this will work nicely!! :props:

builthatch
05-11-2011, 11:00 AM
thanks guys!

yep, i think i'm going to buy a cheapo brush from home depot with a soft plastic handle, cut the handle to length and try to epoxy it in there. the reason is, the length of the brush stem will effectively be shorter than "stock" since i'll have to insert some of it in the handle. i mean i could use a wooden dowel that is longer than the OE handle too but i think the plastic would be more resilient.

the problem is it'll probably eventually break at the new insertion point but whatever.

Garry Dean
05-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah it was all my idea.

embolism
05-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm considering making my own wheel woolie using one of those window washing wool covers that go over squeegees... my rotors are too big for the daytona or the other cheaper version AG sells, I always seem to get splashed with APC... :(