PDA

View Full Version : white cars

waxman1
05-10-2011, 08:27 PM
ok so why is it only white cars,that you can wet down first,and then use a whitewall tire cleaner,to really deep clean the paint? i know i will get a bunch of bs on this,but it works.at least it did on thr older cars. thanks

mbkite
05-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Many moons ago i washed my mothers white chevet with comet and brillo pads .. it did look good wet ..

embolism
05-10-2011, 09:10 PM
The key is to keep misting it so it never dries...

dougaross
05-10-2011, 09:53 PM
ok so why is it only white cars,that you can wet down first,and then use a whitewall tire cleaner,to really deep clean the paint? i know i will get a bunch of bs on this,but it works.at least it did on thr older cars. thanks

Acid will also clean the impurities off of paint.

James K
05-10-2011, 11:45 PM
I would say it is because the chemicals in the white wall cleaer do an excellent job of degreasing the car and cleaning the paint. However, you state this only works on white cars. My feelings, which could be wrong, are that white paint does not show the hazing that you are causing by the harsh chemicals. You do not notice the cloudiness that is being put in to the paint by those harsh chemicals. On a color like black you would notice the haziness and cloudiness much more. Whereas with white, it tends to show this.

A true paint cleanser is MUCH more gentle then the acidic materials used in the white wall cleaner and is MUCH safer for the finish on todays vehicles.

Of course this is simply my theory and opinion. I could be wrong.

FUNX650
05-11-2011, 12:04 AM
ok so why is it only white cars,that you can wet down first,and then use a whitewall tire cleaner,to really deep clean the paint?

How did you come to this conclusion?

i know i will get a bunch of bs on this,but it works.at least it did on thr older cars. thanks

IMO...What "worked" on the 'older cars' just might be suspect as to: "will work" on today's modern paint finishes.

C. Charles Hahn
05-11-2011, 12:14 AM
IMO...What "worked" on the 'older cars' just might be suspect as to: "will work" on today's modern paint finishes.

Agreed 100% -- you can't just treat a modern base/clear paint system the same as you would a lacquer finish or even an SSU finish and expect it to be safe in the long run, let alone as effective as simply using the right tool or product for the right job.

Lots of specifically engineered decontamination and cleaning products exist in this day and age that through R&D have been proven safe and effective.

waxman1
05-14-2011, 05:06 PM
well as far as how i found this out,was a guy i worked with,that detailed cars,long before me told me about this. it also works for bugs that have there for a long time,just keep it wet. and it cleans inner fenders well also. mixed it,tar remover,409 yrs ago for engine cleaner. worked good

ExpressDetail
05-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Haha; What about using the same thing they use on navel Battle destroyers surely the paint is the same from that to a vehicle!!!! Correct guys ? ( So I have heard from a detailing god)