PDA

View Full Version : f-body owners

White95DodgeRam
01-07-2007, 07:07 PM
alright this is going to sound like a stupid question but id really like to find an answer....

everytime i wash my brothers 94 firebird ill dry it by hand and get every nook and cranny i can physically get to even the wheel wells and under the car as much as i can, after driving it home ( i use the coin wash majority of the time) ill have spots on the back bumper and i have no earthly clue where the water is hiding....

any insight would be appreciated !

ScottB
01-07-2007, 07:19 PM
likely behind the taillamps. Comes in from the top and moves to the bottom as rear pressure is created.

trhland
01-07-2007, 07:22 PM
water hids in door jams gas caps truck jams ect. the only way to avoid water sling is to go over the car with a air blow gun . or leaf blower and blow all the crevices out . or if you dont have these things then another option is after youi wash the car take it on the highway and do like a 100 miles an hour. for like 15 minutes. then park the car and give it another quick wipe down then youll be good.

dengood1
01-07-2007, 08:17 PM
or if you dont have these things then another option is after youi wash the car take it on the highway and do like a 100 miles an hour. for like 15 minutes.
:eek: That would be a 50 mile round trip just to dry your car?

ryandamartini
01-07-2007, 08:25 PM
100 miles in 30 mins :D Sign me up!

trhland
01-07-2007, 08:47 PM
get it up to a 100 and then drive it for 15 min! not for a n hour:awesome: :awesome:

dengood1
01-07-2007, 09:04 PM
get it up to a 100 and then drive it for 15 min! not for a n hour:awesome: :awesome: That would still take you 25 miles! 100mph for 15 min.=25 miles. Then you've gotta come back!!! lol

2KLS1
01-07-2007, 10:17 PM
HA, yeah I get the same thing. I believe what happens is a lot of water gets collected in the gap around the rear hatch and drains down behind the tail lights. If you open the hatch right after you finish rinsing the car you'll notice water running down the sides. Then when you drive away water will drip from out behind the lights. I usually just drive down to the corner and back and that will drain most of the water out. It used to bug the hell out of me also.

White95DodgeRam
01-07-2007, 10:56 PM
great ill never be able to get it then his hatch lock is busted

Avengeance
01-08-2007, 12:21 AM
ONR + leaf blower might help.

Seriously.. these F-bodies hold a LOT of water in the hatch area and behind the tail lamps. If I drive mine after washing I carry a MF with me to clean when I stop.

D
01-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Didnt read the thread, but I get water under the tail lights, spoiler, and a littler under the trunk lid. Using a leaf blower does wonders.

2KLS1
01-08-2007, 01:24 AM
ONR + leaf blower might help.

Seriously.. these F-bodies hold a LOT of water in the hatch area and behind the tail lamps. If I drive mine after washing I carry a MF with me to clean when I stop.

:iagree: A rinseless type of wash might be the way to go. I just recently ordered some DP 4-in-1. I think I'm going to use that most of the time for the weekly(ish) wash and the traditional hose and bucket method for when its really dirty. I might even get some gallons of DI water for it but its probably not necessary.