PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestions On Removing Swirls

ttfire66
05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Hey Guys,

I worked on the hood of my black grand prix to remove swirls. I used meguiars swirl x

with a pc da and green ccs pad. I removed maybe 70% of swirls, but some are still there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I need something more abrasive or a different

pad?

This is an after shot:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/tn_147.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/uploads/33427/tn_147.JPG

Here is before and after:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/tn_150.JPG

Sorry for the bad pictures, still trying to get the right shots.

embolism
05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
has that been wiped down with anything to remove the polishing oils? Depending on what you see after removing the oils you might need to get a tad more aggressive with your pad (maybe a white or orange) with the swirl X

Do you have anything to follow up after the swirl X?

ttfire66
05-10-2011, 03:36 PM
has that been wiped down with anything to remove the polishing oils?

I washed it and used a clay bar on it prior.

IID
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I washed it and used a clay bar on it prior.

I think embolism meens after your correction process.

ttfire66
05-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I think embolism meens after your correction process.

Sorry, yeah the front is beat up with rock chips. I think the after shot I did, not sure in the before and after shot. I did it a couple days ago and its been raining ever since.

Mike Phillips
05-10-2011, 04:05 PM
I used meguiars swirl x with a pc da and green ccs pad. I removed maybe 70% of swirls, but some are still there.

SwirlX is a fairly mild swirl mark remover and a green polishing pad is also on the gentle side.

Get more aggressive, perhaps a true compound like the Ultimate Compound with either a foam cutting pad or a polishing pad, do a Test Spot before going over the entire car.

What speed setting were you on?

I met a guy this week that tried removing swirls out of a 2006 Cadillac LXR using a finishing pad and a light polish on the 3 Setting of his PC 7424XP

I brought him up to speed, (no pun intended), with a quick hands-on demo on how to correctly use the PC with a more aggressive pad, more aggressive product and using the tool on the 6.0 speed setting.

:)

ttfire66
05-10-2011, 09:07 PM
has that been wiped down with anything to remove the polishing oils? Depending on what you see after removing the oils you might need to get a tad more aggressive with your pad (maybe a white or orange) with the swirl X

Do you have anything to follow up after the swirl X?

SwirlX is a fairly mild swirl mark remover and a green polishing pad is also on the gentle side.

Get more aggressive, perhaps a true compound like the Ultimate Compound with either a foam cutting pad or a polishing pad, do a Test Spot before going over the entire car.

What speed setting were you on?

I met a guy this week that tried removing swirls out of a 2006 Cadillac LXR using a finishing pad and a light polish on the 3 Setting of his PC 7424XP

I brought him up to speed, (no pun intended), with a quick hands-on demo on how to correctly use the PC with a more aggressive pad, more aggressive product and using the tool on the 6.0 speed setting.

:)

Thanks guys for the tips :xyxthumbs: