PDA

View Full Version : I hate pollen?

DjbuddyPL
05-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Ok so last nite i finally got to clean my sister '11 dark blue honda fit. Washed, clayed it, polished and waxed it. Then just to wake up to see the car completely covered in pollen. Is there anything we can do to keep it off our cars?

coreymg51
05-10-2011, 03:19 PM
i know that anger lol. i use a California duster. some ppl dont like them but i absolutely love mine.I even pass by clients cars between washes and dust there car off for them. Just glide it over the paint lightly and shake well after a panel or a few passes. dont put pressure on the duster or there is the possibly of marring or scratches

cutter
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I agree with Corey...California Duster is the way to go!

flyinion
05-10-2011, 03:50 PM
It's irritating enough I'm debating buying a car cover to use while at work (garaged at night). It's annoying to come into work with a shiny clean car and walk out at 5pm to find it covered in yellow/green pollen looking like I haven't washed it in a week or three.

chris11le
05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Same problem here....black car that looked really nice after I washed it a few days ago. Now it looks like a bumble bee from the yellow pollen all over it.

Not sure I want to try the CCD on it, since the paint seems so soft. Gotta do something though, it looks not so nice! Hopefully the pollen season will be over shortly.

BobbyG
05-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Pollen is just about everywhere this time of year and it's tough to keep our vehicles clean. A garage, soft car covers, California Duster's, or plastic bubbles are a few options we have but it's still discouraging...

DjbuddyPL
05-10-2011, 05:23 PM
when does this nightmare end?

dad07
05-10-2011, 05:59 PM

winter time.:D

chris11le
05-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Pollen is just about everywhere this time of year and it's tough to keep our vehicles clean. A garage, soft car covers, California Duster's, or plastic bubbles are a few options we have but it's still discouraging...

Hopefully AG will do a BOGO on plastic bubbles this week.

oldmodman
05-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Then just to wake up to see the car completely covered in pollen. Is there anything we can do to keep it off our cars?

Only sure cure for pollen is Agent Orange.
Or never driving the car during pollen season, just leave it in the garage.

swcarter
05-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Agree. Worse yet, St. Louis has had just enough misting rain in the last week, infrequently, that combined with the pollen makes a goo on the paint.

FUNX650
05-11-2011, 12:24 AM

My guesses: North/South Pole habitation; or, Armageddon. :(

builthatch
05-11-2011, 01:00 AM
i live in an incredibly pollen-rich area - southern NJ. i do the following simple treatment for my truck and my wife's car. my truck is garaged so it doesn't get it as bad but i like to keep it as immaculate as possible so i find myself doing it with even the least bit of pollen.

i hose the car down and hit it with the electric leaf blower. this is especially handy after a few days of accumulation. if you have a few spots that have bugs or something more robust than pollen, you can hit them with a microfiber and opti-clean or ONR in a bottle and rinse as normal, then blow it all off. blowing the water off is pretty easy, especially if 1. the car is sealed/waxed and 2. if during your rinse, at the end, you let the water run on the surface as opposed to spraying everywhere. it makes for less water to have to chase with the blower.

it takes a little bit of time, but you aren't touching the finish and aside from the noise it's pretty hassle-free. way easier than a wash of any type and way safer than anything since you aren't even touching the finish.