PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Detailing

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-09-2011, 09:28 PM
So today I detailed my first bike, a 2011 Yamaha R6. I cannot believe that even motorcycles come with the dealer installed swirl option. Anyway, it was for a friend and I only charged $40.00 for a complete paint correction, sealant, and detailed cleaning of the frame, wheels and such. He was so blown away that he went over to his neighbor who just picked up a Can-AM 3 wheeler.

I introduced myself, handed him a business card and proceeded to do a thorough inspection of the paint condition. The paint was in relatively good condition and the bike was only lightly dusty. I went over the customer's concerns and expectations and I quoted him $100.00 for a complete wash, 1 stage paint correction, sealant and thorough detail as well as treating all plastics, trim, rims and tires.

He seemed genuinely interested, but came back and said he'd have to wait. Did I shoot too high?

daves120
05-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't think so. I have done several motorcycles and they can take several hours for a complete detail. Most bikes that I have detailed range anywhere from $100.00 to $150.00