PDA

View Full Version : I really like having the Flex 3401 and the Griot's DA...

WRAPT C5Z06
05-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Nice to have a couple machines for different situations. I only use my Griot's DA when I need a lot of cut with the Meg's MF compound and cutting discs. I will also use my DA when 3" and 4" pads are required. All other polishing goes to the Flex 3401 with 6.5" foam pads. You just can't beat the forced rotation of the 3401!

Who else has both of these tools?

Marc08EX
05-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Nice to have a couple machines for different situations. I only use my Griot's DA when I need a lot of cut with the Meg's MF compound and cutting discs. I will also use my DA when 3" and 4" pads are required. All other polishing goes to the Flex 3401 with 6.5" foam pads. You just can't beat the forced rotation of the 3401!

I don't have the Griot's DA but I do have Meguiar's G100. I love pulling out the Flex 3401 for all major corrections with the foam pad and I use the DA with the 3.5" BP for spot buffing.

PAR Detailing
05-09-2011, 05:30 PM
I've got rotaries, 3401, gg, and megs v1. I wouldn't trade any of them. I like all of them and they all have their place. Sometimes for fun I'll use my older megs to do the work just for fun. But I agree Mark, having multiple tools is the best

BobbyG
05-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Hey Mark,

It makes allot of sense to have options like this because of the different situations we encounter... I too have a 3" backing plate and 4" pads for my Porter Cable 7424 for those tight spots...

My arsenal..

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/Collection_RD17.jpg

Crazy Amos
05-09-2011, 05:41 PM

Same here except swap the GG for the PC and no MF pads and the occasionally rotary, but nowhere near as much anymore.

Mike Phillips
05-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Nice to have a couple machines for different situations.

I've got rotaries, 3401, gg, and megs v1. I wouldn't trade any of them. I like all of them and they all have their place.

But I agree Mark, having multiple tools is the best

It makes allot of sense to have options like this because of the different situations we encounter...

From this thred...

How to choose the right polisher for your detailing project (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/22263-how-choose-right-polisher-your-detailing-project.html)

Power Tools are to guys like shoes are to women, you can never have too many.

:buffing: