PDA

View Full Version : New guy trying to start out right-

Luckiestguyever
05-09-2011, 04:23 PM
I have recently acquired 2 new cars to me... an '03 Volvo S80 dark blue and an '03 VW Passat light gray. I think I have decided on a PC7424XP and I believe I understand the use of the different colored pads are used for etc. Just not really sure which products would be best from there. They are both daily drivers with the Volvo being garaged rarely and the VW never. I know I will need to clay them both to start, but from there...?? Both have some water spotting I hope the clay will remove and both have minor scratches here and there. Would Klasse All in One followed up by Pinnacle Liquid Souveran be a good starting place? I would really like to get them both down to a good clean surface to start with. I also have an '01 Ford Excursion that is dark blue with a quite a few scratches and swirls I'd like to clean up "quick" to sell... Any thoughts on particular products would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance....Feed back please

Shineworks10
05-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Meguiars Ultimate Compound can be found locally and relatively cheap, works real well too.

Perfections
05-09-2011, 08:05 PM
I have recently acquired 2 new cars to me... an '03 Volvo S80 dark blue and an '03 VW Passat light gray. I think I have decided on a PC7424XP and I believe I understand the use of the different colored pads are used for etc. Just not really sure which products would be best from there. They are both daily drivers with the Volvo being garaged rarely and the VW never. I know I will need to clay them both to start, but from there...?? Both have some water spotting I hope the clay will remove and both have minor scratches here and there. Would Klasse All in One followed up by Pinnacle Liquid Souveran be a good starting place? I would really like to get them both down to a good clean surface to start with. I also have an '01 Ford Excursion that is dark blue with a quite a few scratches and swirls I'd like to clean up "quick" to sell... Any thoughts on particular products would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance....Feed back please

Clay, Meg's 205, then collinite 845, that would be my approach, If your looking for something easy with decent swirl removal and a one step approach then xmt 360 or mets d151 would be a great choice